Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tougher fight for Mayweather. Cotto or Augustus?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto were harder to hit than Augustus.

Comment

Cotto cause I think Floyd got frustrated by Cotto not being as easy to hit cleanly as expected. Augustus was a tough fight and physically taxing but I think mentally Floyd got just as frustrated if not more cause not only was getting pushed by Cotto's offense there were rounds where he clearly got a little frustrated by not being able to land clean.

Comment

Cotto. Floyd had to really work vs Augustus but he landed far more easily against him and the power difference between Cotto and the drunken master must be massive, Floyd will still be feeling some of those body shots. Its the reason a fighter even when deemed unbeatable or in for an easy night should still do his groundwork, train hard get those sit ups in and bring his conditioning up, because if Floyd wasnt in the fantastic shape he was in those body shots could have changed everything for him....

Comment

Originally posted by #1assassin View Post
          nahh. It was just the injury. If floyd fought cotto or augustus under the circumstances he fought castillo the first fight he wouldve lost. But without severe injuries floyd made easy work of castillo, unlike augustus and cotto.
          loved the cotto fight but the augustus fight was a way tougher fight if youve never seen it youtube it thet actually stood toe to toe and traded floyd did alot more moving against cotto

Comment

Yesterday I posted that I thought the Augustus fight was tougher so I went back and rewatched. The Cotto fight was a closer fight. Floyd put a beating on Augustus FAR worse than what he did to Cotto. I think both did about the same damage to Floyd but Augustus forced Floyd to open up and work harder than Cotto did. So I'll take Floyd's word since he was the one in the ring with the two and say the Cotto fight was tougher.

Comment

Why even start this thread? Floyd said this was his toughest fight, so it's pretty definitive the guy that actually FOUGHT them said so. As stated earlier, Cotto his way harder, even if he hit less they hurt a lot more.

Comment

Corley was a tough fight
                Chavez
                Agustus

But being 35 and fighting a younger, bigger guy in cotto seemed a bit tougher for Floyd.

Comment

I just remember very vividly Floyd getting punchd in the face by Augustus and punching his fists together mid round due to anger.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    nahh. it was just the injury. if floyd fought cotto or augustus under the circumstances he fought castillo the first fight he wouldve lost. but without severe injuries floyd made easy work of castillo, unlike augustus and cotto.
                    Floyds hand injury was in the Cotto fight. In the Hernandez fight aswell but probable wore the wrong socks against Chavez, Vargas, Delahoya and Castillo.

Comment

Working...
                    X