No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire is Ready To Reaffirm Place Among Sport’s Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire is Ready To Reaffirm Place Among Sport’s Best

By Jake Donovan - The worst thing for a fighter in his prime to hear is that it’s been a while since he has looked like his old self in the ring.

Nonito Donaire is far from red alert status in his still promising career. But the truth is that a lot of time has passed – nearly two years- since his sensational knockout win over Fernando Montiel.

Since then, the Fil-Am star has posted dominant wins over Omar Narvaez, Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. (final scorecards be damned) and Jeffrey Mathebula. None of the wins, however, carried the ‘wow’ factor that came with his 2nd round knockout over Montiel in his HBO debut.

The formula in place for this weekend isn’t exactly the ideal slump buster. A showdown with 122 lb. divisional-best Toshiaki Nishioka earns top billing this Saturday at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California. Yet it’s the evening’s co-feature – a battle between unbeaten 140 lb. contenders Mike Alvarado and Brandon Rios – that has sent the sport abuzz. [Click Here To Read More]

Fight Mares-Moreno winner next

Comment

Donaire is on top of his game now. I see nobody who can beat him around his weight right now.

Comment

'd lipeople 2 do what they can 2 get Chris John 2 come out of hiding in Indonesia & box a legitimate contender for once...

Comment

guillermo rigondeaux defeat kot to nonito donaire

Comment

rigondeaux is the best 122 in the world

Comment

Well, not the best article of a writer that i generally like...When boxers starts to use WE
              i feel a shudder in the back.. through what kind of ego trip they go....poor dopes who often finish mad and broke in the gutter, Joe Louis sounds familiar? maybe Schumacher dared to use the We that from the people I knew …but where Schumacher is and where they are…and even Schumacher made a fool of himself in his return…... when boxers and promoters began to pour compliments on a older opponent i feel embarrassed...do they take us for dumb blokes? they do! maybe we are....I didn't like Donito lately...my right yes? too much talk, too little defense...Could somebody help me and tell when it was the last time that Money, the most excellent boxer today, but not a great one, met somebody who could bang...bang...bang...like the Black Destroyer for example...thanks in advance...

Comment

Donaire is a muh ****in beast! Can't wait for this saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  Donaire is on top of his game now. I see nobody who can beat him around his weight right now.
                  Of course u can't..you are frank duckett..everybody know you are nonitos girlfriend..you comment every donaire article like 100 times..create threads for discredit the guys he been ducking..you have it all covered...how tha fucck you are gonna see somebody beating him..that would be madness for your bias mind..

Comment

doniare crushes rigondeaux with relative ease.

Comment

Working...
                    X