No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez should NOT go down to 150!! Maybe not even 154 anymore

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez should NOT go down to 150!! Maybe not even 154 anymore

Especially at his age.. Weight jumping can turn a fighter old overnight, we've seen it before. For his own health he should probably at middleweight. Thoughts appreciated. Poll is on the way.
    150 or 154 is fine
    19.51%
    154 is fine but not 150
    48.78%
    He should only fight 160 and above
    12.20%
    I am not sure
    0.00%
    Derranged is a piece of crap
    9.76%
    80s comedian Yakoff Smirnoff is a spy for the KGB who is stealing US secrets for Mother Russia
    9.76%

Dump............

Comment

At 150 it'll be Pac Oscar all over again. Even at 154, he may just be too drained to win. Honestly, I don't think he should go below 156/7.

Comment

156 ain't far from 154. Catchweights are kind of stupid anyway.

Comment

i'd want him to stay at middleweight too, but if he decides to go get a paycheck from someone like angulo (in mexico) or margs/cotto, then why not. the 150 deal with floyd and pac is just stupid imo, neither guy would get a respective win out of it.

Comment

he should continue to duck pirog at 160

Comment

I'd like to see Martinez stay at 160 and clean out the division and have a real legacy defining reign at mw. I think he beats most of the top guys in the mw divison save for except Pirog....

Having said that, I wouldn't fault Martinez for going down in weight to chase a mega fight with Pac or Mayweather. It would be a huge payday for him and I win makes him that much more marketable..

Comment

Yea I don't want to see the middleweight champ anywhere except middleweight.

I don't want to see guys not fight at their best and get beat because of that.

If he feels he can make 154 for a money fight and that opportunity presents itself if he feels he can do it more power to him but really I would not want to see it because there will still always be that question mark by the fight if he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  he should continue to duck pirog at 160
                  Pirog should beat somebody 1st before being ducked

on topic I agree 100% I don't think Martinez would be as good at 154 I son't even think he can make 150 and if he does he will be a corpse

Comment

154 or he can go f himself. Manny and Floyd can fight at 154, 160 is asking too much for either fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X