Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on the ATG list CURRENTLY--Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Oscar De La Hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who ranks higher on the ATG list CURRENTLY--Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Oscar De La Hoya

There seems to be more in favor of De La Hoya recently. I want to see what the majority thinks.

Vote and discuss.
    Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    60.00%
    Oscar De La Hoya
    40.00%

im not a fan of eighter fighter, but DLHs record in big fights is just a bit too weak.. and the crazy part is he still ducked fighters, like winky and vernon.

floyd takes it.

Comment

Mayweather EASY. More impressive victories- this is a fact.

End of the day people go on about Oscars resume including Floyd, BHop, Mosley and Pacquiao on it. He LOST to them all. I could get in the ring with the best fighters in the world and get torn up, would that make me a great fighter?

Comment

Fan of both, prefer Oscar but I would definately have to say Mayweather in this case. I can't really even mount a reasonably compelling case for Oscar to be honest.

Comment

Has to be Floyd, he doesn't have the big names that Oscar has in his resume but Oscar's win-loss record against those big names killed his chance to rank high in the ATG list. While Floyd is 32 years old and has like 3 or 4 big fights in him, he hasn't lost any fight whether it was big or small and he beat the fighters that fans expected him to beat and the fighters who the fans didn't think he was going to beat. Oscar failed his fans plenty of times especially against Sturm(He won but that was a ****ty decision) and Pacquiao. You can forgive him against Trinidad and Hopkins, he arguably beat Trinidad, Hopkins was just too big.

I'm still a big fan of Oscar because of what he did for our sport in my era, you can't take anything away from that.

Comment

odlh > sweetpea/chaversr/quartey

Comment

ODH has done a lot more for the sport but I think as far as career achievements PBF probably has him by a little bit. He's shown up for every fight(39-0)and he's still active so he has a chance to pad his resume even more. ODH has some great victories but he also has several losses to big names so he's a hall of famer but not an ATG.

Comment

bump..................

Comment

pbf for sure. Undefeated, came from 130 to 147. Even though he hasnt really been tested at ww hes performance at junior ww was amazing. Pbf is a complete fighter, one who has it all, defense, offense, footmovement, counterpunching,speed,power,reflexs,ring smarts. Can he be beaten? we will have to wait and see. Cotto has the best chance to beat floyd in my opinion, he has to get past pacquiao first which wont be easy.

Comment

I'd hae to say mayweather gets on my nurves but he is an amazing boxer and i'm no hater so i'd definately say floyd

Comment

Working...
                    X