No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mendez Hires Pat English, Appeals Barthelemy KO Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mendez Hires Pat English, Appeals Barthelemy KO Loss

Argenis Mendez and his team wasted no time in attempting to right a horrible wrong following the chain of events from his – for the moment – official 2nd round knockout loss to Rances Barthelemy last Friday in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

An official appeal has been filed with the International Boxing Federation (IBF), who sanctioned the 130 lb. title fight. Plans are also in motion to have the fight – particularly its ending – reviewed by Minnesota Combative Sports Commission, with both matters being handled by high profile attorney Pat English, whom Mendez has hired on retainer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good. The sooner this is all cleared up, the better. I want to see the rematch ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Good. The sooner this is all cleared up, the better. I want to see the rematch ASAP.
      Do you really think they will let mendez face Barthelemy again? They just want the nc and will vacate before fighting him again, it wasn't even close the first time...

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
        Do you really think they will let mendez face Barthelemy again? They just want the nc and will vacate before fighting him again, it wasn't even close the first time...
        Maybe. Maybe not. If they vacate, it'll be embarrassingly obvious why they did.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Maybe. Maybe not. If they vacate, it'll be embarrassingly obvious why they did.
          Time will tell...

Comment

yNYC;14107264]Good. The sooner this is all cleared up, the better. I want to see the rematch ASAP.[/QUOTE] I'm Dominican, But Mendez Should Take The Loss Like A man & Thank GoD It Ended That Way, & He Didn't Take More Punishment In The 3Rd Round

Comment

Bartelemi beat this joke , bad that he hit him after the bell , which meant nothing as Mendez was already beaten up and the punch was not intentional .
              As long as there is a rematch , it is ok . But this joke won't fight Bartelemi again . I think he won't want another beating . Bad break for my paisano .

Comment

I was there live. Mendez is very close to my gym. Although I think Barthelemy would dominate again in a rematch, it is still unfair for a fighter to throw 5 punches after the bell and land knockout shot to earn a win.

Comment

Originally posted by lazaron72 View Post
                  Bartelemi beat this joke , bad that he hit him after the bell , which meant nothing as Mendez was already beaten up and the punch was not intentional .
                  As long as there is a rematch , it is ok . But this joke won't fight Bartelemi again . I think he won't want another beating . Bad break for my paisano .
                  I never like to get personal when replying to people but you are the only joke if there is one. Any fighter who spends weeks in training away from family and working hard as hell deserves respect. This is not about me defending Argenis because I'm a fan but it's sickening when morons come on here to bash these fighters that put their lives on the line to give us an hr of entertainment. So, you are calling him a joke because he is not your paisano, is that it? Oh, wait you came in here and created an account just to let your opinion be known and call him a joke. I get it now but I would bet money that if things would have happened the other way around you would be the first one calling Mendez a cheater. Be a fan of the sport first and a defender of your country man second and then maybe you'll have some credibility around here. Don't be a jackass!
                  Last edited by illpapi; 01-06-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
                    I was there live. Mendez is very close to my gym. Although I think Barthelemy would dominate again in a rematch, it is still unfair for a fighter to throw 5 punches after the bell and land knockout shot to earn a win.
                    and the legend grows, now he land 5 punches not one or two, smh...

Comment

Working...
                    X