No announcement yet.

shoulder pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoulder pain

i had a slight left shoulder pain that became worse after a bit of training, iv searched abit on the internet and i think its either a damaged tendon which just needs a bit of rest, or hopefully not a torn rotator. just wondering if anyones had any experience with either. my shoulders fine until i try to raise my left arm straight up in front of me or to the side then i get a sharpe pain in the front shoulder muscle. thanks

Originally posted by cameronpaul View Post
    i had a slight left shoulder pain that became worse after a bit of training, iv searched abit on the internet and i think its either a damaged tendon which just needs a bit of rest, or hopefully not a torn rotator. just wondering if anyones had any experience with either. my shoulders fine until i try to raise my left arm straight up in front of me or to the side then i get a sharpe pain in the front shoulder muscle. thanks
    I have never experienced any significant shoulder pain.

Read up on Mike Reinold. He is a sports therapist who works with the Boston Red Sox. Here is a link to his articles relating to shoulder issues:

http://www.mikereinold.com/category/body-part/shoulder

Comment

were you possibly shadow boxing with weights heavier than 2lbs in your hands? ......... Rockin'

Comment

i started feeling in my left shoulder many years ago.....still do from time to time,

try

1. taking some time off ore atleast go light on Your shoulder.
        2. warm Baths.
        3. see Your doctor, it may be an inflammtion and youl get some meds....eating more got fats such as salmon will also help on Your joints

Comment

Ive got an issue with my right shoulder, I use a hockey ball and lie on my back, put the ball where it hurts and try rolling on the ball slowly and moving your arm in full extension, be very careful and get someone to help if you need. It works for me, Its kind of like a deep tissue massage.

Alex

Comment

I have never experienced any significant shoulder pain.

Read up on Mike Reinold. He is a sports therapist who works with the Boston Red Sox. Here is a link to his articles relating to shoulder issues:

http://www.mikereinold.com/category/body-part/shoulder
            cheers man ill check it out

were you possibly shadow boxing with weights heavier than 2lbs in your hands? ......... Rockin'
            i have been doing more weights in general and do often use weighted gloves. i thought it would help to stop from injury but i think iv got to maybe do less explosive stuff and more static or slow stuff, mix it up?

1. taking some time off ore atleast go light on Your shoulder.
            2. warm Baths.
            3. see Your doctor, it may be an inflammtion and youl get some meds....eating more got fats such as salmon will also help on Your joints
            cheers man , i was thinking cod liver oil might help speed up tendon/joint damage.

Comment

If you lift your elbow when you jab, you break the line of the body. This will put the stress of the punch on the shoulder joint- because you are jabbing only with the arm. If you have been hitting the heavy bag a lot, that could be why.

Comment

Working...
              X