No announcement yet.

Thinkin about anabolic roids

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    The ignorance of medical practice on display here is staggering.

There is no equivalency between medical and recreational steroid usage.
    So you believe that steroids given to a sick person will somehow be less dangerous than giving them to a healthy person?

Comment

• Well if you want reduced sperm count, infertility, small testies, wanna go bald, wanna get prostate cancer, wanna get a big forehead and bad spots (acne)

Then you go for it...

Nothing beats natural...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheNegation View Post
        So you believe that steroids given to a sick person will somehow be less dangerous than giving them to a healthy person?
        Its kinda faulty blanket 'steroids' effects all under one umbrella. There are a million and one different steroids/designer drugs, all of which have different risks.

Medically speaking, there is relatively little to no risk in prescribing a patient HGH for a health related illness. The benefits by far excedingly outweigh the relatively low risk. But of course, the risks are risen when people abuse it, using it longer than recommended and in larger doses than recommended. But....what is this not true for?

Acetaminophen is pretty brutal on the body, specifically the liver, but what do you know, you can buy this over the counter. Soda pops? Sugar? Preservatives? Lets get real.

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
          Well if you want reduced sperm count, infertility, small testies, wanna go bald, wanna get prostate cancer, wanna get a big forehead and bad spots (acne)

Then you go for it...

Nothing beats natural...

You can get those side effects and a whole lot more from smoking and drinking alcohol and a lot greater risk.

All of those can be prevented with research! The only steroid I believe has been somewhat linked to prostate cancer or any form of is Anadrol and that certainly isn't a steroid that should be used, especially by a beginner.

What isn't linked to cancer though really? Apparently banana's can give you cancer now. Full fat milk, cigarettes, drinking, sunbeds, etc etc etc
          Hell you can trigger cancer from something as silly as bumping your head.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheNegation View Post
            This is such a question that almost does not even deserve a serious answer.

However, I'll bite, anyway.

Steroids administered as a medical procedure to a sick patient have no comparison whatsoever to steroids used recreationally.

I feel that I am becoming stupider for even having this conversation.

No one would argue that there aren't legitimate medical applications of steroidal drugs. Using them to gain muscle mass, under one's own supervision, is completely different. Also, professional athletes using them is also different, but no one on this thread is a pro athlete, and the topic at hand is recreational use, so lets just stick to the topic.

You're question is irrelevant, and pretty illogical.

Again, the gross ignorance on display of medical practice is staggering.
            Last edited by Drunken Cat; 02-06-2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
              Roids aren't good for you.
              Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
              The 'roids aren't good for you' comment is a response to the notion that nothing bad comes of it, other than people calling you names.

I never said he isn't a grown ass man. He can do whatever he wants.

My position is like Timmy's. But, I'm not exactly anti-drug either. My position is more that people are best advised to understand what they're doing, and understand the risks.

Steroids personally rub me the wrong way though. That's just me.
              It also makes me laugh how people raise the medical usages of steroids as justification for their recreational use. Logic and rationality are important things.
              Your 'argument' accomplished nothing in the way of logic.

And no one ever questioned the medical usefulness of steroids.
              The ignorance of medical practice on display here is staggering.

There is no equivalency between medical and recreational steroid usage.
              This is such a question that almost does not even deserve a serious answer.

However, I'll bite, anyway.

Steroids administered as a medical procedure to a sick patient have no comparison whatsoever to steroids used recreationally.

I feel that I am becoming stupider for even having this conversation.

No one would argue that there aren't legitimate medical applications of steroidal drugs. Using them to gain muscle mass, under one's own supervision, is completely different. Also, professional athletes using them is also different, but no one on this thread is a pro athlete, and the topic at hand is recreational use, so lets just stick to the topic.

You're question is irrelevant, and pretty illogical.

Again, the gross ignorance on display of medical practice is staggering.
              You insult the intelligence of other posters medical knowledge while the only medical knowledge you've offered is roids are bad mmkay. Explain to the people how their medical knowledge is lacking or admit you don't know what you're talking about anymore than they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
                You insult the intelligence of other posters medical knowledge while the only medical knowledge you've offered is roids are bad mmkay. Explain to the people how their medical knowledge is lacking or admit you don't know what you're talking about anymore than they do.
                I never said I had medical knowledge.

I explained the basis of the first post. I think you quoted that, too.

The other posts were in response to the false equivalencies.

Pointing out illogical statements in other people doesn't mean that I am purporting to be any sort of authority.

All it means is that I recognize that recreational usage is not the same thing as medical usage. Moreover, that spending 6 years in medical school isn't the equivalent of reading some posts on message boards for a few months or so.

Do whatever you want though.

The thing that this thread has taught me, if nothing else, is that steroid users are just like any other druggies. Just looking for any excuse you can find to justify your habit, and pompously dismissing and denigrating any decent, while at the same time insisting (fictitiously) that there is nothing unhealthy about your chosen drug.

But, to each his own. I'm no fucking angel.

Comment

• I would never do roids.
                  Whether it's safe or not.

I just don't like the idea of putting that type of stuff in my body.

Comment

• Fuck it MEAT do a cycle what's the worse that can happen?...

Comment

• Mate you want to get big why not just do it naturally .Hard work and dedication all the way f--k cheats and cheating .That's what I would do . Plenty of coffee protein and carbs is all I would need . Even just get shredded that would be good enough ( cardio and a combnation of resistance training with a clean diet )
                      http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/hardcore.html

Comment

Working...
                      X