Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan NEVER KOed Ortiz !!!! Get it right.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dabezt2 View Post
    For some reason people here keep saying Khan KOed Ortiz in the amateurs in 2 rounds which is far from the truth.

Yes Khan beat Victor Ortiz in the armatures and the fight was stopped in the second round, BUT NOT BECAUSE HE KOed him. It was stoped because Khan had a 20 point advantage which causes the fight to be stopped.

If one boxer has a 20-point advantage (for Open and Under 19/Junior men), or a 15-point advantage (for Women and Junior Olympics/Cadets) over their opponent, the bout must be stopped except in the last round, and the boxer with the advantage is declared the winner.

So YES khan clearly won and it was rightfully stopped. But stop saying he got the KO or TKO. His style was great for the amateurs since he likes to throw lots of punches together and then quickly backs up.

Amateurs and Pro fight are a completely different ball game

Good info!

Mayweather lost to some guy in the amateurs who ended up losing like 4 or 5 fights in the pro's. Show's how much the amateurs count.

Comment

20 point lead in under two rounds.

Ortiz was getting schooled, and he was meant to America's brightest prospect.

I suppose he was though.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Good info!

Mayweather lost to some guy in the amateurs who ended up losing like 4 or 5 fights in the pro's. Show's how much the amateurs count.
        Maybe the guy he lost to didn't fight bums all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by dabezt2 View Post
          Years ago in the amateurs....YES
          Khan took his soul.

During the Maidana fight when Ortiz was in trouble he had flashbacks of Khan.

How do you win when all you can see is a man in front of you holding your soul?

Comment

Ortiz Probably quit, he probably felt he shouldnt be taking punches like that at such a young age........

Comment

I'd rather get KTFO than outclassed

Comment

Originally posted by davidoff View Post
                Maybe the guy he lost to didn't fight bums all the time.
                Augie Sanchez beat Mayweather in the amateurs, Naseem Hamed ending his career with that Brutal knockout.

Comment

Beating someone in the amateurs is only slightly more relevant than beating them at bowling. Amateurs and pro are completely different.

Comment

People say that it doesn't matter if a certain fighter has beaten another in the AM's, the Pro game is different

That's true, but if you're mentally weak as Ortiz has showed, I think it would have a bearing on the fight

Ortiz has a much better skill set than Maidana, but I'd back Maidana to beat him again if they ever fought, because I genuinely think he is and probably always will be in Ortiz's head

Comment

AM boxing is trash, who cares what happened years ago with video game rules.

Comment

Working...
                      X