My reviews on Winning gloves and headgear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My reviews on Winning gloves and headgear

I finally got my 16 oz red velcro gloves from Winning

It's a terrific glove, but it's not the best in my opinion, just one of the best. I don't think a great quality boxing glove justifies a $200 + pricetag.

Now, for the other main attraction of Winnings line of top quality boxing equipment, its headgear. I tried their headgear with the facebar, and unlike the gloves, their headgear is hands down the best I've ever put on. But again, the price is scary!

For you Winning glove owners, any feedback

Comment

I bought the 2900 model headgear months ago but I've yet to use it.

I'll just say that winning is an interesting company. It's Japanese based but the US division is run by ONE guy who literally handles everything. I talked to him since I had some questions and he's a super nice guy but it would be nice he could come up with actual measurements to people can determine the appropriate size they need. Instead he just says "Mayweather wears medium, DLH wear Large, etc." Yea, the only problem with that is I don't have molds of their heads on hand to compare.

Comment

Originally posted by mt102879 View Post

I'll just say that winning is an interesting company. It's Japanese based but the US division is run by ONE guy who literally handles everything. I talked to him since I had some questions and he's a super nice guy but it would be nice he could come up with actual measurements to people can determine the appropriate size they need. Instead he just says "Mayweather wears medium, DLH wear Large, etc." Yea, the only problem with that is I don't have molds of their heads on hand to compare.
        Yeah, but, the cool thing about Hayashi is that he lets you take your time to try it out. I tried on the headgear,gloves and shoes and started moving around to really get a good feel for 'em.

I mean, you're the one that's gonna be using the equipment, it would be best for you to judge, he can throw out measurments left and right, but you're the one that's gonna be using them.

Comment

LOL. That wouldn't really help at all. One dude running the whole show would be hard sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by May 02, 2009 View Post
            Yeah, but, the cool thing about Hayashi is that he lets you take your time to try it out. I tried on the headgear,gloves and shoes and started moving around to really get a good feel for 'em.

I mean, you're the one that's gonna be using the equipment, it would be best for you to judge, he can throw out measurments left and right, but you're the one that's gonna be using them.
            Did you actually go to the showroom? I'm talking as a customer who has to actually place an order and have the item(s) shipped.

But yea, he was definitely cool about trying to make sure I got the right size and told me I could return the headgear and exchange it if it didn't fit. However, it would be nice if he had rough head measurements for each size on hand to reduce the chance of customers having to return the items which can cost time and money.

Comment

Did you actually go to the showroom? I'm talking as a customer who has to actually place an order and have the item(s) shipped.

But yea, he was definitely cool about trying to make sure I got the right size and told me I could return the headgear and exchange it if it didn't fit. However, it would be nice if he had rough head measurements for each size on hand to reduce the chance of customers having to return the items which can cost time and money.
              Yeah I did, he's a really nice guy and we talked and talked. I think I ended up being there for like an hour and a half, just talking trying on various equipment and moving around with it . Yeah, that headgear w/ facebar was the best headgear ever. I had to back out of it though, whew $300 + buckaroos, maybe next time.

Comment

Are winnings really that good for gloves compared to like ringside's imf tech gloves.Ive had my gloves for over 1 year and are due for some new ones.And i always see fighters wearing winnings in training so they must be good.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
                  Are winnings really that good for gloves compared to like ringside's imf tech gloves.Ive had my gloves for over 1 year and are due for some new ones.And i always see fighters wearing winnings in training so they must be good.
                  Winning gloves is known for having the most protection for your hands. I would like to spar with grant gloves, but winning headgear. I hear amazing things about the winning headgear with the bar, but goddamn it looks so corny. =/

Comment

I use winning gloves. I got them for free when I was in training camp in Atlanta. My trainer said he couldn't stand watching me train in my piece of trash gloves anymore so he gave me a pair of black 16oz Winnings.

I love them.

Another note, i always hurt my hands before I got my Winnings. My hands rarely bother me now since I got them.

Comment

Working...
                    X