Jermain Taylor plans return after break

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermain Taylor plans return after break

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/spor...132115&spID=14

as an aside 'bad intentions' really doesn't suit JT, it should be like good intentions or 'best of intentions'

Good to hear he's well although a comeback might be ill-advised on health grounds, I wish him the best.

great news, I just hope he goes back down to middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by Cashtro View Post
      great news, I just hope he goes back down to middleweight
      He should come back fight on HBO agains the Brinkleys and Miranda's of the world. Bute needs a dance partner I can see it already 1 or 2 wins and he will be fighting against Bute for the 168lb belt he holds....Lefty

Comment

I'm for it. As long as he takes a lengthy break, heals his battle wounds and re-evaluates where he's going in life, I'll be eagerly awaiting his return. The MW division still needs someone like him.

Comment

I hope the best for him, if he feels fit enough to continue then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
            He should come back fight on HBO agains the Brinkleys and Miranda's of the world. Bute needs a dance partner I can see it already 1 or 2 wins and he will be fighting against Bute for the 168lb belt he holds....Lefty
            yea that would be good for him

and nice sig, I need to get one like that, Shanes a beast

Comment

My boy is on the rebound!!Cardio Cardio Cardio Jermain!!! Come back stronger then ever my brotha from anotha motha!

Comment

This is a great in-depth piece on Taylor for those who haven't read it. Highlights include the fact that while he plans a 10 month hiatus, Taylor is making a habit out of being in the gym five days a week working with a personal trainer to keep him in shape... something he has never done before outside of training camp.

The article also hints that Taylor hasn't ruled out giving former trainer Pat Burns a call, despite the fact that his current trainer and father figure Ozell Nelson "hates" Burns.

And he says he still has a contract with Showtime for two more fights...

Comment

Working...
                X