Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs Peter Quillin, Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great fight!

We would have golden era of middleweight if these guys would actually fight each other. Even the guys who are a good level below the top-tier guys like Macklin, Lee, Barker, Geale, and Murray are all credible foes for the top men but would be even better in fights with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      great fight!

We would have golden era of middleweight if these guys would actually fight each other. Even the guys who are a good level below the top-tier guys like Macklin, Lee, Barker, Geale, and Murray are all credible foes for the top men but would be even better in fights with each other.
      They are fighting eachother. I would like to see more of the vanquished contenders fighting to re-establish themselves though especially the UK guys.

Comment

Kid Chocolate wins a very close fight i think

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          They are fighting eachother. I would like to see more of the vanquished contenders fighting to re-establish themselves though especially the UK guys.
          True, I suppose they are! With Martinez, Golovkin and Proksa, and Quillin and whatshisface.

But our guys aren't. Which is a shame because they are all so evenly matched. Brilliant potential fights all of them. I'd rather see Barker, Macklin, Lee and Murray fight each other and even now Proksa. Such brilliant fights to be made. It would be a bit of shame for them just to become a Golovkin or Pirog victim.

Comment

I would love to see this fight and I think Golovkin would knock out Quillin would be exciting though

Comment

I think this would be a terrific fight, although I haven't seen either man enough to make a good prediction. I'm more familiar with Pete. I like Quillen the man, but I'm not sold on him yet as a fighter. There's something a little too quirky about his style for my taste. Pete has sneaky power, but he slaps a bit. Gennady I've only seen clips of; a round here, a round there. But he concerns me. The little I've seen of Golovkin seems to show a determined fighter with solid skills. In any event, this would be a match-up of two young, very capable, fighters. I'd love to see it...and I'll be rooting for "Kid Chocolate".

Comment

i think quillin needs more fights before stepping up to golovkin (not saying golovkin is super great, he's just better than quillin atm imo). he's already scheduled to face n'jikam so depending if he wins and how he looks, we'll see what happens. if he's successful i would like to see him fight one of the brits (barker, macklin, and murrary) or someone like andy lee or pirog. there's quite a few possibilites that can happen. i mean if he wins his next fight he's the wbo champ. he can have an opportunity to face geale or the chavez/martinez winner. 154-168 are the divisions to be at imo, real exciting stuff happen around there.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I think this would be a terrific fight, although I haven't seen either man enough to make a good prediction. I'm more familiar with Pete. I like Quillen the man, but I'm not sold on him yet as a fighter. There's something a little too quirky about his style for my taste. Pete has sneaky power, but he slaps a bit. Gennady I've only seen clips of; a round here, a round there. But he concerns me. The little I've seen of Golovkin seems to show a determined fighter with solid skills. In any event, this would be a match-up of two young, very capable, fighters. I'd love to see it...and I'll be rooting for "Kid Chocolate".
                  I agree brode. There is something about Quillin that doesn't sell his stock well just yet. Maybe it's his awkward style or the fact that he hasn't had a career defining win, old Winky and Mckeown don't cut it.

Golovkin on the other hand, when it comes to styles is everything Pete is not, very poised and throws well balanced thudding shots but also hasn't fought anyone of much importance. I'd too be rooting for Chocolate. I feel the sooner this fight gets made the better Quillin's chances are.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Both fighters got tremendous power, Quillin has better handspeed and footspeed, and is the taller and rangier guy but Golovkin is more accurate and a better body puncher. As of right now I'll say it's a toss up, waiting to see if Quillin's chin gets tested against N'Dam.
                    If N'Jikam chin-checks him, then Quillin has a big issue.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      If N'Jikam chin-checks him, then Quillin has a big issue.
                      if he has chin issues, golovkin should be the furthest thing on his mind, haha. like i said earlier, if quillin wins his next fight, i'd still like to see him against some MW contenders (like the ones i listed in my previous post).

Comment

Working...
                      X