Arkham city was a letdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkham city was a letdown

Just played it for the first time.

I really loved arkham asylum but arkham city was underwhelming.

I think AA was just a lot more focused, where AC tried to be too big and open.

It's still a good game mind you, but didn't quite hit the heights imo

Haven't played it. I thought Asylum was awesome. For some reason though I just couldn't find any interest in this game.

Comment

Having played through and beaten both games twice - I think you're smoking crack. 'Arkham City' gives you everything that 'Arkham Asylum' gave you and then some. The environments are bigger, the gadgets better and more useful, the combat improved (double and triple counters), etc...

The only thing about 'Arkham City' I found disappointing was the fact that it wasn't nearly challenging enough, even on New Game Plus with the difficulty ramped up dramatically, enemies being better armed, and the counter icons being taken away I found it to be no challenge whatsoever.

Same goes for the 'Riddler's Revenge' predator, combat, and campaign challenges. The combat challenges being the worst, I often found myself getting double, even triple the score needed for a gold medal.

Comment

Oh man, you're crazy! Arkham City was on an entirely different level to Arkham Asylum. It was bigger and better in every way. I couldn't disagree more with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Just played it for the first time.

I really loved arkham asylum but arkham city was underwhelming.

I think AA was just a lot more focused, where AC tried to be too big and open.

It's still a good game mind you, but didn't quite hit the heights imo
          How far along are you?

Comment

Arkham Citeh is one of teh best games ever.

Comment

I have one of em, when you guys say its open you mean like gta? I never even opened it..

Comment

Just looked I have assylum..

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  Just looked I have assylum..
                  Absolutely you should play it, best licensed game ever made in my opinion, it's fantastic, like i'd heard it was a good game but it was even better than that

Arkham city it's also good, and I can see what you guys are saying, I just find it slightly confusing in that it gives you so many options, basically at the start of the game you can unlock a whole bunch of sidequests, and you can see riddler challanges wherevery you look etc.

Arkham Asylum has freedom, but is also focused, it gets the balance right.

Arkham City I just beat up the joker in the room with the trains

Comment

By ' focused ' you mean rigid and lacking in choice? Where a path has been set for you and you must adhere to it.

That's what I don't like about AA.

It's boring, it has to be down in a certain sequence where as with City you can do whatever you want, whenever you want and it doesn't hinder game progression. Nothing really changes between AA & AC apart from you're given more freedom of choice, AA has that aura though as it was the first in the series.

Comment

Working...
                    X