No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arslan on Huck Loss: I Was Robbed, This Ruins Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arslan on Huck Loss: I Was Robbed, This Ruins Boxing

On Saturday night, Marco Huck retained the WBO cruiserweight title when he beat Firat Arslan in Halle, Germany. Making his tenth defence, the champion won on points – 115-113 on two cards and 117-111. The decision was greeted by a chorus of boos, as many spectators felt the 42-year-old Arslan had done more than enough to beat his German compatriot, who is younger by 15 years.

[Click Here To Read More]

Here's an idea: how about Arslan vs. Povetkin?

Might be an interesting fight...

Comment

It was definately a robbery. I feel so sorry for Arslan, he showed heart. So sad for boxing. I talked to so many boxing experts and all had Arslan winning. shame on Sauerland and ARD for supporting them.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
        Here's an idea: how about Arslan vs. Povetkin?

Might be an interesting fight...
        that's actually a cool idea - not gonna happen though I'm afraid, very little money in there for povetkin.

Comment

Arslan won the fight, but they gave it to Huck again...

Comment

Just watched the fight..Arslan won the fight...fu** huck..after arslan man handled him he has the courage to ask for the klitschkos?? what a joke.

Comment

Huck doesn't want to fight Afolabi again. Let him move up and make Afolabi-Arslan for the vacant title. Another war.

Comment

If one considers the criteria of professional boxing, it becomes obvious, why Huck has lost the fight. Scoring all indiviadual rounds, the outcome must be in Arslan's favour.

1. effective aggression:
                For about 90% of the fight Arslan scores body head combos in a close phone booth style fight. He hardly misses with any shots. Huck, having a bloody nose early on, is stunned several times and lowering his workrate, seems not in control here. Arslan's uppercut lands at will and causes Huck's head to snap back considerably.

2. defense:
                Arslan's shell defence is inpenetrable for most of the rounds. Huck, however, desperately trying to land his flurries is hit flush showing several holes in his usually tight defense. Arslan has the momentum in this department.

3. ring generalship
                Arslan, cutting off the ring effectively, manages to keep Huck at the ropes and hitting him almost at will. The champion on the other hand can't take advantage of his reach and fights Arslan's fight for most of the rounds. No doubt, Arslan is the ring general throughout.

4. workrate:
                Arslan's workrate saves him the first half of the fight. Nevertheless, Huck rallies in the second half. Still Arslan should be given at least one round in the second half, granting him the edge in this department, too.

Looking at the fight this way it seems apparent that Huck definitely never won the fight yesterday night. The judge seeing the fight 117:111 must have been blind or at least extremely eager in his will to be invited by Sauerland in the near future again. However one sees it, Huck can't have won!!
                Last edited by sweet-s; 11-04-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

The typical cheating at Sauerland Fights in Germany. Huck had lost to Lebedev, to Afolabi....but we always hear the same nonsense explanations from Sauerland........

Comment

Another Sauerland decision.

I've seen this guy lose to Lebedev and now to Arslan, both times he somehow got awarded the win.

Comment

Working...
                    X