Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Clips Nishioka For a Ninth Round TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's hilarious that people are still hating Donaire. Donaire just beat the #1 guy at 122. Donaire now has three legacy wins over Darchinyan (also the IBF/IBO titlist, the favorite, undefeated when Donaire beat him, ), Montiel (#7 P4P/#1 118 fighter at the moment when Donaire beat him), and now Nishioka (#1 122 fighter). How many does Rigondeaux have? Teon Kennedy? I'll give him some credit for Rico Ramos (#2 122 .lber at the time) but Rigo was the favorite going into that fight.

It's also unbelievable that some people already discredit this win because Donaire looked bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanstyle View Post
      What was Donaire's weight as he entered the ring? He looked way bigger than Nishioka.
      umm was he at 126 tonight?
      you make my point exactly, Donaire needs to go to 126 now. Yesterday they were the same size but tonight it looked like a true 126-er vs a true 122-er

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
        It's hilarious that people are still hating Donaire. Donaire just beat the #1 guy at 122. Donaire now has three legacy wins over Darchinyan (also the IBF/IBO titlist, the favorite, undefeated when Donaire beat him, ), Montiel (#7 P4P/#1 118 fighter at the moment when Donaire beat him), and now Nishioka (#1 122 fighter). How many does Rigondeaux have? Teon Kennedy? I'll give him some credit for Rico Ramos (#2 122 .lber at the time) but Rigo was the favorite going into that fight.

It's also unbelievable that some people already discredit this win because Donaire looked bigger.
        ^^^^nothing but the truth...haters are going to hate though.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post

its called STUPID! Thats what happens when you mix race, color of skin, age, and just plain hate all in one. You get some stupid azz comments.!

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Nonito should've fought Mares/Moreno at 118, and this goddamn TR/GBP feud gives him a reason to not fight them.

Stylistically, Donaire/Rigo is the worst fight because both are counter-punchers. Does it mean that it shouldn't happen? Rigo can't do much worse than what Nishi just did.
            Let me ask you this: Where would u rank rigondeaux in the division after the outcome of mares/moreno?

Right now you'd be hard-pressed to rank him ahead of donaire after this nishioka win. Pretty self-explanatory, nishioka is far above anyone rigo has fought in the division.

Mares and moreno are also upper tier fighters, and whoever wins that fight would have a strong claim for the #2 spot, based on resume.

Other than "eye tests" and hyping his "potential" due to his vaunted amateur background, I don't see how there's a credible argument for him being the best at 122. He hasn't beaten anybody of note to claim as such.

Comment

Rigo would NOT i repeat would NOT open up against Donaire the way he has been in his past three fights. Theres a ton of hype on him for good reason, he's talented, but theres also an obvious dislike of the the top dog in the division. the bias will continue. I have a feeling Rigo will have a tough time even getting a shot when he gets dropped or worse, beaten, by someone other than Nonito. Mares/ Moreno next!

Comment

doniare needs an opponent...Nishioka was not anywhere near an opponent. I hope Riggo was testing his own chin last fight bc if those were donaires hooks riggo would be floored and twitching like montiel was...Donaire looked good but yes, a bit big for 122 still

Comment

Full hate mode activated lol. Keep on watching as Donaire keeps winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint650 View Post
                    Rigo would NOT i repeat would NOT open up against Donaire the way he has been in his past three fights. Theres a ton of hype on him for good reason, he's talented, but theres also an obvious dislike of the the top dog in the division. the bias will continue. I have a feeling Rigo will have a tough time even getting a shot when he gets dropped or worse, beaten, by someone other than Nonito. Mares/ Moreno next!
                    I don't know If Rigo could beat Donaire but he won't stay in the shell all night like we just saw. Freedie Roach also said Rigo was the best and only fighter he ever trained with that he never could catch with his mitts, and Donaire leaves himself open to counters, i just think Rigo is too small for Donaire, never know..

Comment

• Originally posted by APBrooklyn View Post
                      doniare needs an opponent...Nishioka was not anywhere near an opponent. I hope Riggo was testing his own chin last fight bc if those were donaires hooks riggo would be floored and twitching like montiel was...Donaire looked good but yes, a bit big for 122 still
                      Im glad at least a few of you are seeing through the BS, Donaire is almost 30 and no longer a 122-er, sure he can make the weight, but realistically he just fighting little guys playing cat and mouse, I said the same thing about Broner, it gets old after a couple fights when you don't challenge yourself.. ok your 30 now lets step it up

Comment

Working...
                      X