Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The politics of principle and ppv numbers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The politics of principle and ppv numbers.

I remember a time when principle was brought up as the primary reason Pac didn't want to submit to Mayweathers demands because he resented being called a criminal with no evidence.

Yet, when Arum gives Mayweather an exclusivity deadline, many on here use principle as the reason why he shouldn't sign just because somebody gave him a deadline to do so.

"Its a matter of principle man, he ain't finna sign just cuz' Arum want him too"

How do you reconcile that inconsistency boys?

Save your breath, I know you can't. Not under the rules that currently govern any sort of basic logic.

Furthermore, and even more egregious is your stance on PPV numbers when its convenient for your perverse arguments.

Example: You always use ppv #'s to justify anything regarding the Fraud, yet when the Fraud decides to duck Pac to "spend time at home" you reason that he doesn't owe anything to the fans, and that its all about him and what he wants to do.

To quote a certain *****: "the fans don't matter"

But I thought it was the fans that paid for ppv's?

Someone's losing ground here.

Now its your time to shine and do what you do best.

Mental gymnastics.

And Go!!!!

All I know is that any Camp Mayweather statement won't cover a fraction of whatever goes on, which is why I wasn't in the least interested in a post-deadline, public Mayweather statement yesterday before it was made.

Still no word on exactly what was in the contract he was supposedly offered? No reliable confirmation of that?

Comment

Short answer to that: bias

Comment

Originally posted by RAGE OF ANGELS View Post
        All I know is that any Camp Mayweather statement won't cover a fraction of whatever goes on, which is why I wasn't in the least interested in a post-deadline, public Mayweather statement yesterday before it was made.

Still no word on exactly what was in the contract he was supposedly offered? No reliable confirmation of that?
        We'll never know every minute detail, but the general understanding is that Pac agreed to drug testing (which I don't think he should have at all) and that the purse split was in Mayweathers favor. Or something close to 50/50.

Mayweather didn't want the fight.

Comment

Mayweather doesn't want to fight, its clear now.

Comment

The fact that Mayweather didn't critique the contract at all and just stated he basically doesn't want to fight right now is the difference. Pac was saying contract was unfair, Mayweather didn't. You can't negotiate with someone who's refusing to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy Jacky View Post
              We'll never know every minute detail, but the general understanding is that Pac agreed to drug testing (which I don't think he should have at all) and that the purse split was in Mayweathers favor. Or something close to 50/50.

It's not uncommon for details on contracts to not be realeased to the public anyways.

Anyone care to tell us me specific contract details of the first De La Hoya vs Mosely matchup?

I didn't think so!

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy Jacky View Post

"Understanding"? Among whom?

Nobody is providing a reputable source for what he refused to sign off on. Top Rank posturing isn't enough for me...and I wasn't expecting any Mayweather explanation to be revealing, anyway. I do know that Pacquiao-Margarito is the fight that the Top Rank end of the 'negotiations' has been desirous to make all along.

People should be wary of looking foolish if this thing pans out to a fight at a later date. Floyd already did it with Mosley...'oh, he's scared to fight...he won't sign'...then 'he won't get in the ring, he'll pull out'...then 'aww, Mosley was old and shot, look how tired he got when Floyd started beating the piss out of him'. LMAO

Floyd would beat the crap out of Pacman, and I've seen nothing in his demeanour to suggest he doesn't believe it 100% himself. His manner when discussing Pacquiao is the same manner as when he discussed Shane. He isn't scared of the dude in any way...and, if things go right with their respective next moves, Insha'Allah we'll see them in opposite corners of a boxing ring and meeting in the middle of it.

That's my personal word to this call-out topic and I don't need to sit and argue it with these belligerent, know-nothing forum goofballs. None of these dudes talking **** on here have any sac, and all they do all day is talk day-in, day-out about real mens' lack of sac, "bitches", "*******", LMAO. Most of these tough-guys haven't even had one amateur fight in their lives...not even one...imagine that....cliché observation, but it's all too on-point and speaks too relevantly to a large chunk of this crowd of 'boxing fans'. Jokers. I suppose as long as you look 'hard' on the internet, all's well.

Later on, creeps.

Comment

Working...
                X