No announcement yet.

how come..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how come..

How come trainers in the old days used to recommend boxers not to use weights? why is it different now?

Originally posted by masta View Post
    How come trainers in the old days used to recommend boxers not to use weights? why is it different now?
    One school of thought was that it tightened your muscles and made you slower. Another, and the one I find much more feasible is that lifting weights puts on muscle and weight which is harder to take off. With less weight classes and same day weigh ins I would imagine it would be a better idea not to move up till you had to.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      One school of thought was that it tightened your muscles and made you slower. Another, and the one I find much more feasible is that lifting weights puts on muscle and weight which is harder to take off. With less weight classes and same day weigh ins I would imagine it would be a better idea not to move up till you had to.
      Do you think it's better to use weights nowadays then?

Comment

Originally posted by masta View Post
        Do you think it's better to use weights nowadays then?

I think it much easier to use weights today given all the weight classes and day before weigh ins. I don't think it makes a guy a better fighter.

Comment

destroys fast twitch muscle

Comment

Working...
          X