Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long would it take to start boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long would it take to start boxing?

how long would it take to train for my first amateur fight?

i am 18 years old, is that too old to start boxing?

No it's not. If you have desire, a strong mind and athletic ability, it's not too late. The hardest thing is to really want it and to be willing to take punishment to get your goals.

Comment

why do ppl ask this? obviously its diffrent for ever fighter how long it takes until his first fight. it depends on how talented you are and how hard you work until you are ready skill wise. then the mental game is a whole other story, and ofcourse u never know how often tournaments and such are happening in your specific area, and how quickly your trainer puts his guys in there is diffrent too.

let me put it this way. i had my firs fight after 4months of training, a friend of mine had his first fight the same day.. after 4 YEARS of training. so its diffrent. expect it to be more than a year though.

if u really wanted to fight u wouldnt be thinking about that though, u would just get in the gym and not ask dumb questions. i had just turned 17 when i started btw, no reason not to pick it up late. if u want it bad ebough u can make up for it, your still young enough. if u dont u will regret it once u really are to old to start boxing.

Comment

i have no real desire for amateur boxing, but i would much rather like to try professional boxing.

i was wondering how many amateur bouts you would have to have before you can turn pro. is there a minimum amount you have to have?

and my fitness is very good, my skills are alright, i have been sparring with my brother and friends for years, so i have the basic skills required, so i dont think thats too much to work on.

thanks for your advice.
        Last edited by jiminy cricket; 09-30-2009, 02:10 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Comment

do you want to start boxing to be a pro or just for the fun of it,speak up what are you trying to say,who do you think you are telling us you want to turn pro but you have no desire for amateur boxing,are you kidding me,do you think if you fight a pro he is going to take it easy on you,he will mangle you,this is boxing you are talking about,not mma or wrestling this is the big time,the big anchallata,it doesnt get any bigger than this
          Last edited by mrboxer; 09-30-2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Your never too old to start boxing, however your view of wanting to fight Pro ASAP is ridiculous and you'll soon realise that once you start training.

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
              do you want to start boxing to be a pro or just for the fun of it,speak up what are you trying to say
              yes i do want to start boxing to be a pro, and also for the fun of it, i like to watch the sport, (though i do not like amateur boxing very much) it's very entertaining and i've always wanted to try it so now i think its time to do it.

i would like to hear your advice about how i should approach the sport.

it's not that i want to turn pro asap, i just prefer the professional style of boxing over amateur,i see from what i said made you think i wanted to turn pro staight away but it's just that i dont really like it, and if i have to go through it i will and i will give it my best.
              Last edited by jiminy cricket; 09-30-2009, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jiminy cricket View Post
                i have no real desire for amateur boxing, but i would much rather like to try professional boxing.

i was wondering how many amateur bouts you would have to have before you can turn pro. is there a minimum amount you have to have?

and my fitness is very good, my skills are alright, i have been sparring with my brother and friends for years, so i have the basic skills required, so i dont think thats too much to work on.

thanks for your advice.
                eighter your an alt or an idiot. amateur or pro u have to pass a medical, and since those so called sparring sessions obviously left u brain damaged u wont get cleared to fight.

everything u just said is just wrong on so many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by jiminy cricket View Post

thanks for your advice.
                  Oh no, not another one of these guys.

Do you have videos of yourself boxing with your friends you can post for us to show us your skills?

Comment

so why dont you think i could pass a medical?

Comment

Working...
                    X