Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Bradley would have lost the decision...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he went up either way in my book. i saw what i saw. if he wouldnt have been injured early in the fight, i could have seen him doing even better. he was beating pac for 2 minutes and 30 seconds of half of the rounds he lost.

Comment

I'd say his stock went up no matter what, but winning brought his stock up more than losing would have.

If he lost like the majority thought he should have, the only people that would be talking about him right now are either fans, or people that thought he should have won. There wouldn't be even half as much talk about him if it wasn't for the controversy.

He had a good performance, but the attention he got from what he did isn't even CLOSE to the attention he's been gettin from that decision.

If I was him I woulda preferred to have lost that decision though. All this controversy ain't exactly bringin him any of the matches he's been trying to get.... If I can't get anything outta it, I'd rather not have people hating on me cause of something thats not even my fault lol

Comment

Even if Bradley had lost, I doubt there would have been a rematch. I think Manny won decisively enough where he wouldn't get the praise that Cotto is getting for losing to Mayweather (not to say that the Cotto/Mayweather fight was that close or anything). At least with the "win", he's the "champion" at welterweight, which "should" give him some more pull in the game...even though he's kind of like the desperate guy that can't find a date to prom no matter how hard he tries. The real issue, win or lose, is that he's with Top Rank, which means that most of the interesting match ups wont happen because a lot of the talent at 140 and 147 are in the Golden Boy stable. Hence why we are left with the rather unexciting Bradely vs. Lamont Peterson II.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
          Like what?
          By saying he didn't deserve the fight.
          The man owned 140 division and was a three time title winner who consistently won as the underdog.
          He accomplished way more in his career than Ortiz and you're lumping him in with him.

Comment

Doesn't matter...he won and his stock went up....more people know him now than before the Pac fight.

Comment

Bradley/pacquiao was rigged...i swore i wouldn't pay a penny to watch another prize fight afterwards...

Comment

i still like tim despte the gift decison..but had he acknowledged he lost , i would've been more of a fan now ....

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                  I personally feel Bradley's fate was sealed... All thanks to the HBO commentary

I had cousin, not a boxing fan, text me during the fight to tell me Bradley was overrated and that he sucked... It made no sense to me considering how many people has he ever talked to about Bradley?? Literally just one... Me... And I told him before the fight that Bradley was gonna get demolished and embarrassed... So what reason did he have to believe Bradley was gonna do better than he did??

That just shows how powerful words can be to the ignorant... If u don't know what ur looking for, you can easily be manipulated by bias commentary

If Bradley lost that fight, his career would be buried right now... He'd be right there next to Joshua Clottey in obscurity

And its not becuz he ran, or covered up, or did anything to make himself look bad... It was all becuz of the commentary
                  This pretty much sums up my opinion, the commentary seems to be all people were paying attention too (fight was a snoozer, can't blame them). All the opinions I have heard from casuals are stuff they are parroting from HBO commentators, most notably Jim Lampley. I thought the fight was closer than everybody made it seem, and this was with Bradley suffering an injury early on.

Still, he fought on a big PPV fight and got the "win", no matter how you look at it his stock has to have gone up (couldn't go any lower).
                  Last edited by _original_; 10-08-2012, 01:01 AM.

Comment

What the hell is up with people saying "Bradley should have admitted he lost"? That's ridiculously stupid, nobody in their right mind would do that. It's like being found innocent over a murder trial than coming back and telling the judge "I actually did do it". Makes no damn sense. Plus it was a close fight, not like Pacquiao did anything out of this world in the fight, he pretty much gave away the last 3-4 rounds.

Still waiting on these same people to start their "Pacquiao should admit he lost to Marquez" campaign.

Comment

How had Bradley not done enough to earn a Pacquiao fight???

he had wins over Witter, Holt, Peterson, and Alexander. Some damn good wins there at 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X