What is the best kinds of food and drinks to digest after a good run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best kinds of food and drinks to digest after a good run

???????????

I never ate immediately after a run, well not much atleast. I always found that after I ate immediately following a run that it would roll right through me and Id end up on the throne. I would just eat some bread after running, it seemed to soak up what ever acids and would tend to keep me satisfied until it was time to eat properly.............Rockin

Comment

Found This Link!!!
      http://munfitnessblog.com/what-to-ea...se-or-workout/

Comment

water? get cleaned up and go eat a nice healthy meal. only thing that really needs recovering after a nice long distance run is your electrolytes. if you said weight lifting i would say a protein shake/mixed drink, muscle milk and blah blah list goes on.

Comment

protein shake - water for rehydration... protein for the muscles in your legs

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            protein shake - water for rehydration... protein for the muscles in your legs
            protein shake is completely unnecessary for running recovery. its unnecessary calories you don't really need. there isnt the kind of muscle tearing like in weight lifting that a protein shake will help aid in recovery and increasing size. water and a nice meal is good enough but its up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
              ???????????
              Achilles, I realize you are older and respect you for keeping your eye on your goal.

My opinion? As a natural fisherman, I would say a nice fillet, baked of any kind of fish, preferably largemouth bass, and on top of that, 3 scoops of GNC's "100% whey protein" .....It contains all the same ingredients as that bull**** hydrolyzed whey protein ****, that's 60.00 for 3 pounds. This stuff is 33.00 for 5 pounds, 15 pounds will cost you about 103-107 with tax, depending on your state. This concontion has amino acids and protein, but on top of that I would've taken a 2222 amino acid pill before and after the run with grapefruit juice to help it absorb better. Just my two cents...fight hard...never lose sight of your dreams.....they make life worth living!

Comment

Originally posted by g0tcha View Post
                protein shake is completely unnecessary for running recovery. its unnecessary calories you don't really need. there isnt the kind of muscle tearing like in weight lifting that a protein shake will help aid in recovery and increasing size. water and a nice meal is good enough but its up to you.
                I think this all depends on the person, and their weight class. If you have problems making featherweight, and are a sickly tall featherweight, yea...a shake might be outta the question. If you can handle it, and burn the extra calories you will consume and make the weight limit, I can give you a guarantee that the beverages and amino pills will not only make you stronger and your muscles repair faster, but make you less sore and able to train at a more consistant pace...

Comment

A boxer's run should almost be harder on the lower body than any kind of weightlifting. If Achilles is the real deal, he's running intervals and not dicking around...so if you think a shake is needed for lifting, a shake is definately needed for running...

Comment

Get some water and a nice healthy meal. It depends what time you're running at. I run in the morning so afterwards I like to drink some water and then I eat some oatmeal and a little fruit. Sometimes a couple egg whites. But if I ran in the evening, I'd eat a light dinner like a piece of salmon and a little brown rice. I don't really recommend sports drinks like Gatorade because they have too much sugar, but if you have Pedialite, you could drink that to rehydrate.

Comment

Working...
                    X