Greb-Dempsey sparring footage exists!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    There's Greb footage out there.

I know that a lot of very old timers have claimed that there is footage of Greb-Walker.
    Lol, for the love of God someone release it already so we can stop having to hear Greb fought the way he was playfully sparring with O'Brien!

Comment

I know that a lot of very old timers have claimed that there is footage of Greb-Walker.
      I would sell my house to see that.

Comment

Didn't the film of it erode and none of the footage could be salvaged ?, I'm pretty sure I've read that there was a documentary type film on Tiger Flowers which contained footage of his fights with Greb and others, same case with the Walker fight, the film eroded and couldn't be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          Didn't the film of it erode and none of the footage could be salvaged ?, I'm pretty sure I've read that there was a documentary type film on Tiger Flowers which contained footage of his fights with Greb and others, same case with the Walker fight, the film eroded and couldn't be saved.
          That's certainly possible.

But we can hope and dream.

Comment

I'm reading its a fake guys. Apparently its Jack Dempsey sparring Tillie Kid Herman.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
              I'm reading its a fake guys. Apparently its Jack Dempsey sparring Tillie Kid Herman.
              I red that in a post over at ESB too. Still both skeptical and optimistic and would like to hear it refuted by a recognized historian before giving up hope. If it was someone else(and it very well could be) why hasn't this footage surfaced earlier? Its not like a sparring session with with Herman would be of great value and hidden away in someones treasure chest.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                I am fairly certain that I have heard this too.

Comment

It's not Greb. I feel safe to say that there is no existing footage of Harry Greb in action.

Comment

this would be incredible if true.

however, even if it is dempsey sparring kid herman im still interested in seeing that footage.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                      I would sell my house to see that.

i love boxing as much as the next man, but i would not sell my flippin house to watch a damn fight on youtube

Comment

Working...
                      X