Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's "supposedly" Highest Grossing PPV fight is vs Shane Mosley?!?! How??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao's "supposedly" Highest Grossing PPV fight is vs Shane Mosley?!?! How??

There has been a lot of rumors floating around that the PPV sales for the Manny vs Mosley fight are not accurate. The story is that the numbers we're fabricated to keep Manny's streak going as a PPV star. But rumor has it that the numbers are much less than the 1.3 million buys that Bob Arum want's us to believe. Now personally I'm inclined to believe this. For one this fight had little to no interest. Especially after Shane was totally dominated by Floyd Mayweather when he lost 11 of 12 rounds.

He looked tired and like Emanuel Steward said, Shane is looking his age tonight. During the fight you could see Shane was winded. He looked like a car running out of gas desperately looking for a gas station. Even his trainer was calling for Shane to give him something because he's not going to stand there and watch him take a beating. Meaning he was ready to stop the fight. And after this fight the boxing public was calling for Shane to retire.

Now with that being said do you really believe that a fight between Mosley & Pacquiao generated 1.3 million buys? I seriously doubt it! To my knowledge both Arum and Showtime never released the numbers because they we're much lower than expected. Rumor has it that the parties involved came up with this number to give Manny some leverage when time to negotiate with boxing's PPV star Floyd Mayweather.

Also it is Manny's highest PPV draw to date. But what's interesting is that they didn't try to best the numbers from the Mayweather Mosley fight which was 1.4 million buys. That would've really raised a red flag! Me personally, I don't think this fight did 1.3 million buys. NO WAY! Especially with Bob Arum involved. Not taking anything away from Manny but I just don't see it. What do you think?

Pacquiao-De La Hoya did 1.25M PPVs

Pacquiao-Cotto did 1.25M PPVs

How does Pac vs Mosley do 1.3M PPVs?
    Last edited by Cash Cow; 11-02-2011, 03:25 AM.

also....this is after Bob Arum publicly said this...

Asked on Sunday if he'd read the less-than-glowing reports of the controversial draw between Mosley & Mora, Arum gave little reason to expect a Mosley-Pacquiao showdown.

"I did and I read them saying Mosley was huffing and puffing for air in the fourth or fifth round," Arum said. "To me, that is the real tipoff for an aging fighter. Even Big George Foreman did that in his 40s but he always had that big, big punch like in the (Michael) Moorer fight.
    "What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he's going to be 40 and he's in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He's on a show with guys -- example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez -- old enough to be his son.

"I guess Shane needs the money due to his matrimonial sitaution (a divorce under harsh California community property rules)," Arum said. "I've always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1cXAG6XKl

Comment

Hiding the numbers because they dont want Pacquiao to be exposed

Comment

Arum: Pacquiao-Mosley unlikely after Mora draw

“It’s like Hopkins, he still knows how to fight but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins we’re beginning to see with Mosley.”
        -----Bob Arum

Comment

pac and his corrupted ways are not doing him any good but him selling only 700k against clottey is just pathetic

now he bought himself a car and everyone is happy like it was a big thing...floyd has 20 of them

bob arum bought him that car *******s...go now and thank the guy who owns the guy you pray to

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianUser View Post
            Hiding the numbers because they dont want Pacquiao to be exposed
            Seriously how does he do 1.25 vs Oscar but he does 1.3 supposedly vs Mosley?

Comment

LOL PPV the only thing floyd is better than Manny and to think people buy his fights just to see him lose

Comment

mosley barely sold 100k against mora

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                  mosley barely sold 100k against mora
                  Yeah i dont get it....How could Pacs highest PPV be vs a washed up Mosley...

Comment

*****s brigade!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X