Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cut heal time?

hey guys.

i have been sparring with a guy in my gym who is aot better than me lol
    we are good friends,but i wanted to test myself against a realy good guy.

i did ok i guess but he kicked my arse...and he hit me so many times that he split my lip really bad!!

i had to get 5 stitches and he knocked a tooth loose.

anyway,i was wondering if anyone know how long it should take to heal up?
    it was a bad cut,as a big chunk of my lip is missing!

if anyone can suggest a way to stop the pain and help the healing along,i would be very thankful...

cheers

Originally posted by Kbmunro View Post
    hey guys.

i did ok i guess but he kicked my arse...and he hit me so many times that he split my lip really bad!!

if anyone can suggest a way to stop the pain and help the healing along,i would be very thankful...

cheers
    Not to be mean straight off, but you deserve it and it will have taught you an important lesson. Never, ever spar without a mouthguard, it's just stupid and that type of thing will happen very quickly. You're lucky you didn't have that tooth knocked out. Whoever let you get in and spar with a seasoned guy is a ****er and a black eye on the training and gyms of this sport.

Can you imagine if some parent had waled in with their kid coming to start lessons there and he saw you walking out of the ring with half your lip missing, blood pissing about and some tough guy standing in the ring gloating, while, outside the ring and off to the side, the actual trainer/supervisor was desperately trying to get into the only hot chicks pants, that happened to go there, with no luck whatsoever? That's ****ed up mate.

Anyway, to answer your actual question. There is not much you can do. First, it's in your mouth and they take longer to heal because of the moisture. You have to let it heal completely. You go sparring again, hopefully with proper supervision and gear this time, without it being healed and it can bust open and bleed at the first hard impact. Pointless because it will put you out for twice as long. Just let it heal completely. Give it plenty of air, but clean it every day as well.
    Last edited by BennyST; 01-18-2009, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbmunro View Post
      hey guys.

cheers

Yea year kind of an idiot bud, serves you right.

Comment

yo dudes,

where in my post did i say i was without a mouthguard??

EPIC FAIL! you mabye want to read my post before you post...******s!

Comment

If the dude was clearly beating your ass, why would you not tell him to take it down a notch, so u can actually get something out of it and not just get your ass beat by a guy who clearly outclasses you in a gym war?

Comment

Working...
          X