No announcement yet.

Martinez/Ward P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez/Ward P4P

Whats your opinion on who is the better P4P fighter? I've got Ward better, but how would you go about ranking these 2 against eachother?

Also, just want to laugh at the article which stated "Middleweight contender Sergio Martinez" heh.

Personaly Ward is higher on my p4p list than Martinez. I've never understood how Martinez did to climb the ranking so fast.

Ward's best wins are Froch, Kessler, Abraham and Bika
    Martinez best wins are an alcoholic Pavlik and Williams, and he needed two times to beat Williams, never understood how people put him at the #3 spot so fast.

Comment

Martinez moved up in weight for his best wins against bigger men.

Ward beats good fighters his own size

It's a simple question

Comment

P4P Martinez higher than Ward, Martinez fights are always exciting and almost always end in ko Willams, Pavlik, Dzinziruk that's helluva run. I respect Ward but his fights always in Oakland with 2 of the judges from Cali and his style is almost unwatchable although he is getting better lately. Kessler, Green and Bika fights were horrible all that hugging and hitting..

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Whats your opinion on who is the better P4P fighter? I've got Ward better, but how would you go about ranking these 2 against eachother?

Also, just want to laugh at the article which stated "Middleweight contender Sergio Martinez" heh.
          I think Ward has better resume. But the thing is Ward hasn't moved up in weigh yet....so I dunno. I wanna see his ability on a higher weight division.

Comment

Ward beat more names than Martinez, but he didn't beat them the way Martinez did. Martinez stopped them or seriously marked them up. Ward boxed them silly, but they weren't in any danger of getting stopped. Just two different styles and what appeals to you. Ward seems to be the more complete guy though and in time will firmly become P4P #1 hopefully. Martinez probably still has a few more big wins in him, but he's closer to the end.

Comment

I have Ward higher because of the higher level of competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
                Martinez moved up in weight for his best wins against bigger men.

Ward beats good fighters his own size

It's a simple question
                One could also say that Ward has dominated every opponent they put in front of him, while Martinez has underperformed against opponents he was expected to shine against, Barker and Macklin. Not saying he looked bad, but many expected him to look better. I have Ward ranked higher, but it's close.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  One could also say that Ward has dominated every opponent they put in front of him, while Martinez has underperformed against opponents he was expected to shine against, Barker and Macklin. Not saying he looked bad, but many expected him to look better. I have Ward ranked higher, but it's close.
                  He struggled against two guys he stopped? Lol when is the last great stoppage Ward scored? Not that all l care about are KOs, just saying.

Comment

Martinez has also fought a variety of styles, although Ward has great victories they all share a similar style. His fight with Chad is going to answe a lot of questions IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X