No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene’s 2012 Year End Awards: Round of The Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BoxingScene’s 2012 Year End Awards: Round of The Year

For most of eleven rounds, the challenger looked like he trained by oversleeping and eating Cheerios in pink drawers. The son of the man many hail as the greatest Mexican Fighter of all-time wasn’t living up to his lineage.

After years of carefully selected foes and high sanctioning body ratings he hadn’t earned, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. had slowly become a respectable. A paper WBC title win over the unproven Sebastian Zbik gave him valuable real estate at Middleweight. Defenses against Marco Antonio Rubio and Andy Lee gave him the look of a fighter to be taken serious.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mexicans in 4 out of the 5 rounds of the year (and a Mexican-American in the other). Our people always come to fight.

Comment

Awesome round of the year! Gave JCC Jr. some credibility and some belief in his ability to knock out Martinez. I would like to see Jr. take his training more seriously and to learn how to maintain discipline. A rematch would be something to watch for if he can manage to do this. Vamos JR!!

Comment

Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
        Mexicans in 4 out of the 5 rounds of the year (and a Mexican-American in the other). Our people always come to fight.
        No argument here.

Comment

I think Chavez Jr.’s conduct outside the ring should have eliminated him from mention in any type of awards for the year. He’s like a kid that still has a lot to learn.

Comment

I might have gone with Viloria-H. Marquez round 5, but that's unquestionably a solid choice. A rematch is in order because of those three minutes.

Comment

I was there live! It was amazing!! The whole crowd was going crazy and you couldn't hear a thing... Great night for Boxing!!

Comment

Working...
              X