No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Margarito, Lujan Training Together For Cotto and Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Margarito, Lujan Training Together For Cotto and Jones

Argentina's Sebastian "Iron" Lujan is not the kind of boxer to hold a grudge. The tough Argentine brawler is training at the Otomi Ceremonial Center of Temoaya, Mexico - and he's working side by side with former opponent Antonio "The Tijuana Tornado" Margarito. Margarito and Lujan fought in 2005, with the Mexican slugger securing a tenth round stoppage. In one of the more infamous injuries in the ring, the fight was stopped when Lujan's ear was nearly beaten off his head from Margarito's hard punches. The ear was partially hanging off and required several months of rehab to fully heal.

Luján (38-5-2-1 sd, 24 KOs) se enfrentará al invicto estadounidense Mike Jones (25-0, 19 KOs), en un combate eliminatorio al título mundial welter del Consejo Mundial de Boxeo (WBC), que se encuentra en poder del también estadounidense Andre Berto. Pero además, estarán en juego las coronas Continental de las Américas del WBC, NABO de la Organización Mundial de Boxeo (OMB) y NABA, todas de la división de las 147 libras, que ostenta el nacido en Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

El rosarino, que se encuentra junto con su entrenador, Carlos Alanis, y viene de derrotar en forma contundente al filipino radicado en Los Ángeles, Mark Jason Melligen, por nocaut en el noveno asalto el 1º de julio en San Antonio, Texas, decidió ir a los 3.500 metros de altura para lograr su mejor condición. Así, el actual campeón latino welter del WBC busca una victoria que le permita llegar a su tercera oportunidad mundialista, luego de haber caído ante el propio Margarito (el 18 de febrero de 2005, en disputa del título mundial welter de la OMB), y frente al ucraniano Serhiy Dzinziruk (el 27 de mayo de 2006, por el superwelter OMB).

En tanto, en el combate estelar de la velada, Margarito (38-7-0-1 sd, 27 KOs) se medirá al puertorriqueño Miguel Cotto (36-2, 29 KOs), a quien intentará arrebatarle su cetro mundial superwelter de la Asociación Mundial de Boxeo (AMB), en una esperada revancha. En su primer enfrentamiento, el 26 de julio de 2008, el tijuanense se impuso por nocaut técnico en el undécimo asalto en Las Vegas, y le quitó el cinturón welter de la AMB. Tras ello, se conocerían las polémicas por las supuestas vendas ilegales del “Tornado”, por lo que el desquite siempre quedó latente. [Click Here To Read More]

i remember watching this fight and being amazed by the damage.

Once margs was caught with plaster i immediately thought back to this fight and wondered if maybe the plaster issue had even gone this far back because i never saw something like that before or after...

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post

Once margs was caught with plaster i immediately thought back to this fight and wondered if maybe the plaster issue had even gone this far back because i never saw something like that before or after...
      I remember that fight, Lujan wanted to continue to fight with his ear hanging.

I felt the same way when Margo was caught with the plaster

Comment

you have to be stupid..... after he used plaster againts him ..he's helping him out

Comment

3 Cotto/PR stans talking ****. Why am I not surprised?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            You don't have to be Puerto Rican to figure out that Marga*******'s plaster was the cause of almost yanking the ear off Lujan's head.... Freaking *******kkk ******s always denying shhiiittt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
              And what that makes you, the know it all? Any chance you get you talk crap like a 14 year old. I was expecting you to post here, so predictable

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post

Actually I have seen that before not sure of which fights, but when you get hit with looping shots on the ear sometimes that ear just swells up with blood and when your hit like that for a good 7 or 8 rounds sooner or later there is no more room for the blood and it just bust

Comment

Originally posted by Machingo69 View Post
                  You don't have to be Puerto Rican to figure out that Marga*******'s plaster was the cause of almost yanking the ear off Lujan's head.... Freaking *******kkk ******s always denying shhiiittt.
                  Why would he work with Margarito then? Obviously he doesnt feel that way, also they fought in Atlantic City a place where the commission supply's the gauze and tape

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    like a 14 year old. I was expecting you to post here, so predictable

Pretty much ha ha

Comment

Working...
                    X