No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna's Return Being Discussed, Possibly on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy
    Quote: Originally Posted by bigcursedawg Fortuna can be explosive but I'm surprised hbo is showing interest in him after his last performance. It was a solid performance against an opponent who wasn't there to win.
    I also think it was kinda crappy matchmaking. I think Fortuna had only been 10 rounds twice prior to that then you want him to go 12 while cutting weight. I would have to double check but it could've been the weight cut too. Idk how many times or when was the last time he fought at 126. He looked pretty out of shape towards the end of the fight. Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Haha ! Lets gooo

Fortuna got potential to be one of the most exciting boxers in the game, we need to se him with better opposition that trade with him, BUT not with fighters who will shell up. He looks average with those type of guys but still exciting nd knows when to trigger to make it fun

Comment

Originally posted by Tito777 View Post
        Fortuna got potential to be one of the most exciting boxers in the game, we need to se him with better opposition that trade with him, BUT not with fighters who will shell up. He looks average with those type of guys but still exciting nd knows when to trigger to make it fun
        I hate alts.

Comment

Good ****. He's a very exciting and explosive fighter. His fight on the Pacquiao undercard wasn't that great but you can do so much when your opponent isn't trying to win.

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
            Gas? Nah...don't really think that's his case. I've seen quite a few fights where he has gone the distance with no issue at all. There is, however, one thing that I notice about him and that's that when he explodes on his opponent and realizes his opponent can take his power he seems like he gets a little discouraged. I don't know maybe it's just me but that's what I see. Also, he needs to be careful and not punch himself drunk and, perhaps, that's why at times he seems like he is gasing out...he spents to much energy trying to knockout his opponent by brute force. He needs to be patient and fight smart and STOP getting wild because eventually he will pay for that.

Anyhow, but yes if he is going to be on HBO again I would like to seem with someone who will test him so we can see what he is made of.
            imo that's his clearest flaw. hopefully sarmiento can teach him to be a bit more calm, but i think he'll learn to be more patient with experience as his opposition gets better. we'll see. but yeah, he's got a bright future. currently a top fav of mine to watch. hopefully sampson and hbo can find good quality matchups for him. i'm looking forward to seeing how he looks now that he's more of a contender than a prospect.

Comment

I feel he is one of the best up and coming prospects despite his last fight. He and Russell Jr are going to make something of themselves.

Comment

Little Sergio. I hope he gets a good opponent who wants to win in this fight, Hyland fought with zero passion and Fortuna was having to force him to engage. I wouldn't mind Jhonny Gonzalez right now, but I don't know if he'd take it or if HBO would accept him.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  I feel he is one of the best up and coming prospects despite his last fight. He and Russell Jr are going to make something of themselves.
                  I actually think his last fight was impressive coming that Hyland is not bad himseld, nd did not fit his style. He only looked real gased out for like 40 seconds in the laster rounds and dominated a slick fighter, not easy to do. As For Fortuna nd Ruseel. If fortuna lands what he did on evans its game over or Ruseel times Him like D.Wilson did but better it will be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel
                    Little Sergio. I hope he gets a good opponent who wants to win in this fight, Hyland fought with zero passion and Fortuna was having to force him to engage. I wouldn't mind Jhonny Gonzalez right now, but I don't know if he'd take it or if HBO would accept him.
                    Dude his impersonation of Sergio was flawless, identical.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I like the way Fortuna is stepping up gradually. First Yundale Evans, then Cristóbal Cruz and now Hyland. Let's see who's next and only if Russell Jr would follow Fortuna's footsteps.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X