Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What top boxers are the best role models for children?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andre Ward would be my number one pick. He's confident and respectful, never trash talking and has strong moral values based on his religious beliefs. I hope his rising popularity doesn't change any of that in years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by HARLEM AL View Post
      Inside the ring most. Outside none. All of those dudes got **** with them. Parents should be their kids role model.
      Thanks Harlem Al. A friendly reminder to some of these guys that while floyd is in the news right now all of them have done things out the ring that are not honorable. But the haters have their chance to go off because floyd allegedly beat his ex.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
        Many young kids look up to top athletes and try to emulate them.
        Hopefully, they will look up to their Parents and not a total stranger because they are good at beating other men.
        IMO, if they are looking at boxers to emulate, they are already in trouble.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
            Hopefully, they will look up to their Parents and not a total stranger because they are good at beating other men. IMO, if they are looking at boxers to emulate, they are already in trouble.

I agree that ideally, they should look up to their parents.

But the reality is, many kids look up to top athletes.

Comment

There have been some true B!TCH threads made lately and this is one of them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                I agree that ideally, they should look up to their parents.

But the reality is, many kids look up to top athletes.
                i don't think kids should look up to their parents. from what i have experienced - a good 80% of humanity is ****ing ******ed. top athletes can be great role models for people who have idiotic parents such as drug users, political nutjobs, abusive husbands, racists, extreme fundamental christians...the list goes on.

for example: my dad is a ridiculous racist. when ever he meets someone he doesn't know - within 5 minutes they are usually talking **** about black people. its sad. somewhere a long the way i realized my dad was a moron. but if i were to look up to him constantly from childhood to adult hood - id be a disgusting human being in a lot of ways right now. but there were guys out there that set a good positive example and maybe they weren't the reason i turned out half decent, but they certainly didn't hurt.

athletes setting a good example is great. what is bad is when kids look up to an athlete who has set a good example and then they screw it up. calzaghe would be a great example. a lot of people really looked up to that guy because he set a great example for the sport and his country.
                Last edited by kenso; 09-14-2010, 11:30 AM.

Comment

hatton for me, im in rehab atm

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                    Hopefully, they will look up to their Parents and not a total stranger because they are good at beating other men.
                    IMO, if they are looking at boxers to emulate, they are already in trouble.
                    Unless one of your parents is Floyd.

Comment

Mike Tyson.

Comment

Working...
                      X