Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Stops Mike Alvarado in a Seven Round War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great fight like we all knew it would be! I knew Bam Bam was going to come out on top with the stoppage. As I said, Alvarado is tough and good gritty fighter but Rios's will and heart are just on the next level. Rios's chin is just unreal and he is still heavy handed at 140 too. I think it will be tougher to get stoppages at 140 but he will grind people out. I cannot believe Mike couldn't wobble Rios with those monster shots, unbelievable. Rios vs. Matthysse or Rios vs. Chino would be an absolutely unbelievable fight. I know Khan better stay away from Rios lol. As far as Pac or JMM vs. Rios, it is hard to tell. JMM is so pinpoint and accurate and is so tough, I think JMM could beat Rios via decision. Pac vs. Rios, Pac may be able to stop Rios or win a decision. But given the right circumstances, I could see Rios stopping Pac late. It will all depend on how Pac and JMM look in December. Rios could possibly be tailor made for JMM/Pac though since he is a face first brawler. Rios needs to stay away from slick fast boxers though, just not a good complement for his style.

Either way I love to see Bam Bam fight!!

Comment

Props to both guys.......

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
        Actually since the Acosta fight.He lost to Abril no biggie,he can get a rematch.I enjoy watching Rios even though he's limited for the time.Guys of his style don't last to long.
        how long was Margaritos career?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          Alvarado's downfall was the round he through 160 something punches. He never regained his stamina after that.
          I could see the Fatigue setting in Alvarado after the 2nd round, and Rios wasn't tired at all until about the 4th 5th, It's either Alvarado's age, or that he needs to move up imo..

Comment

rios express baby. lol

Comment

Anyone catch the exchange between Arum and Rios after the fight?

Arum: "How do you do it!!??"

Rios: "Balls."

Awesome fight and congrats to Rios. I gotta say, though, a pure boxer can get a decision on Rios so TR better match him up with sluggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                Two judges had it a draw and one had Rios two rounds up.. If Alvarado would have backed off he would of lost, he had already committed to a slug fest, which he admitted to after the fight..
                Rios up by two????!!?? WTF?

Sounds like there was no way Alvarado was gonna win that fight without a KO then (IMO)

Comment

What a fight!!! Amazing. Fight of the Year. why even watch the main even. I'm out and going to sleep after watching this war. Main even is just gonna ruin the damn night with boring boxing. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
                    A great fight like we all knew it would be! I knew Bam Bam was going to come out on top with the stoppage. As I said, Alvarado is tough and good gritty fighter but Rios's will and heart are just on the next level. Rios's chin is just unreal and he is still heavy handed at 140 too. I think it will be tougher to get stoppages at 140 but he will grind people out. I cannot believe Mike couldn't wobble Rios with those monster shots, unbelievable. Rios vs. Matthysse or Rios vs. Chino would be an absolutely unbelievable fight. I know Khan better stay away from Rios lol. As far as Pac or JMM vs. Rios, it is hard to tell. JMM is so pinpoint and accurate and is so tough, I think JMM could beat Rios via decision. Pac vs. Rios, Pac may be able to stop Rios or win a decision. But given the right circumstances, I could see Rios stopping Pac late. It will all depend on how Pac and JMM look in December. Rios could possibly be tailor made for JMM/Pac though since he is a face first brawler. Rios needs to stay away from slick fast boxers though, just not a good complement for his style.

Either way I love to see Bam Bam fight!!
                    LOL I was thinking that during the fight, Khan may wanna go ahead and move up.. But knowing Khan he will probably be calling Rios out should he beat Molina

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                      how long was Margaritos career?

Well look how fast he shot down after Garcia in his corner

Comment

Working...
                      X