No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Takashi Uchiyama Knocks Jorge Solis Out Cold In 11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Takashi Uchiyama Knocks Jorge Solis Out Cold In 11

Unbeaten 130 lb. titlist Takashi Uchiyama offered a late entry to the Year-End awards category with a highlight reel 11th round knockout of Jorge Solis in a title defense Saturday evening in Yokohoma, Japan.

Uchiyama caught Solis flush in the opening seconds of the 11th round to put the Mexican down and out. The visiting challenger was still on the canvas being cared for by ringside medical staff moments after fight's end, which came at 0:19 of the 11th round.

Full report to come... [Click Here To Read More]

Looks like he's separating himself from the pack......

Comment

This dude has beaten some decent comp, and has won every single one of his title fights by KO.

Has to be considered far and away the best Jr. Lightweight.

Would love to see Broner take on this gentleman after Perez.

Comment

like the sound of this guy he puts them to sleep just how boxing should be

Comment

Uchiyama has shown that he can crack, but Solis presented a step up for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
            Uchiyama has shown that he can crack, but Solis presented a step up for him.

Thing is, Gamboa flattened Solis a lot quicker.

I think Solis is past it at this point.

I would like to see Broner-Uchiyama but WBO and WBA have to play nice.

And I think it would be hard to get Broner to Japan or Uchi to the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              Thing is, Gamboa flattened Solis a lot quicker.

I think Solis is past it at this point.

I would like to see Broner-Uchiyama but WBO and WBA have to play nice.

And I think it would be hard to get Broner to Japan or Uchi to the U.S.
              True, but Uchiyama isn't nearly as explosive as Gamboa, he's far more methodical.

Solis may be past it, but he's still probably better than Uchiyama's last two opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                True, but Uchiyama isn't nearly as explosive as Gamboa, he's far more methodical.

Solis may be past it, but he's still probably better than Uchiyama's last two opponents.
                Was going to say the same thing. Uchiyama can crack but isn't typically a one-punch KO artist. He generally beats the crap out of you round after round before putting you away.

I think the progression is evident in Uchiyama from when he beat Salgado to now. Dude is for real and is hell for any 130 lb. fighter on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                  Was going to say the same thing. Uchiyama can crack but isn't typically a one-punch KO artist. He generally beats the crap out of you round after round before putting you away.

I think the progression is evident in Uchiyama from when he beat Salgado to now. Dude is for real and is hell for any 130 lb. fighter on the planet.

It would be interesting to see him fight Broner, depending on which Broner showed up, the Ponce de Leon Broner or the recent Broner.

I used to love Coloradito Solis but he's dropped a couple of notches lately.

Trying to figure who would be next for Uchi.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    It would be interesting to see him fight Broner, depending on which Broner showed up, the Ponce de Leon Broner or the recent Broner.

I used to love Coloradito Solis but he's dropped a couple of notches lately.

Trying to figure who would be next for Uchi.
                    Caballero would be interesting. He said he plans to move up in weight (though for a fight w/ Gamboa, or obviously something on that level), but stylistically, I can see a Uchiyama and Caballero meshing well.

I haven't seen enough of Aoh or am even aware enough of any Japanese boxing politics (if any) to know if unification is possible. From what I've seen of Aoh, he doesn't appear to be any kind of threat.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Salgado rematch, though given that his IBF belt wouldn't be recognized in Japan, not sure Uchiyama has much to gain there.

Would be LOVELY if American networks decided to purchase overseas feeds of fights like this, if only to at least build up potential fights w/ guys like Broner and make them more lucrative and in demand than is presently the case.

Comment

Working...
                    X