No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abril Ready For Brandon Rios After Busting Acosta Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abril Ready For Brandon Rios After Busting Acosta Up

Cuba's Richard Abril (17-2-1, 8 KOs) is ready for a world title shot, after he returned from Panama with the interim-lightweight title of the World Boxing Association (WBA). This past Saturday night he captured the interim-belt by busting up former champion Miguel "Aguacerito''Acosta (29-5-2, 23KOs) with three knockdowns to win a twelve round unanimous decision.

[Click Here To Read More]

damn this abril character must be HELLA skilled to KD Acosta three times with only 8 KO's!

either acosta really did have his soul permanently claimed by rios, or abril improved drastically as of late. . .

Acosta is one of those rare guys who can box off the backfoot and generate sweet power. . . I became a huge fan after his showings against Urbano and Brandon. . . I was hoping to see him get a premier fight again!

Hopefully this Abril cat is A LOT more than what his record shows. . .

Comment

Never heard of the guy. Fight is never going to happen, shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
        lol ******* - let the guy have his moment! he beat a very skilled guy

Comment

I've seen Abril maybe 5x and he's a good stylist w/no big punch and Rios will bulldoze him before round 8...

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
            So he just completely dominated an ex-champ that gave Rios a good beating and if I recall correctly he seems a little bit on the quitting side (Rios), before succumbing to him, won the interim belt and just beacuse you never heard of him the fight will never happen, you are some kind of fan.

Comment

I haven't seen this Abril guy fight, but I can tell that Rios fight took alot out of Acosta.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                So he just completely dominated an ex-champ that gave Rios a good beating and if I recall correctly he seems a little bit on the quitting side (Rios), before succumbing to him, won the interim belt and just beacuse you never heard of him the fight will never happen, you are some kind of fan.
                Rios doesn't need to fight that bum..It does nothing for him.

Comment

kevin mitchell has talked himself into a good assbeating after rios takes care of murray, wouldn't mind seeing either guy get in there with him. he should be moving up soon though, so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    If Acosta went down three times to a guy with only 8 kayos, that tells me Brandon beat most of the fight out of him. Acosta isn't exactly a young fighter and Rios smashed him.

Comment

Working...
                    X