No announcement yet.

Borderlands 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Have you ever managed to hit triple vault symbols on any of the slot machines? I must've spent at least a million bucks in the one I use in Sanctuary and I've still not hit the jackpot as far as weapons go. I've hit triple eridium bars at least 10 times, though. Which does me no good now that I've bought every SDU available in the game and have the max amount of eridium (99) in my inventory with nothing to use it for.

I had heard the same about 'True Vault Hunter' mode, hence why me and the gf have been trying to hit level 40 before we start. Going from level 39 to 40 is absolutely painful, though. It's taking forever with these low level enemies.

I should note : We did all of the side missions available in playthrough 1 before finishing the main story aside from the Hyperion circle of slaughter. That mission is ****ing nuts. Still can't finish the final round, and we're quite a few levels over what the game says is recommended.
    I think it's impossible. Best I've got is the eridium jackpot (which is useless) You can get two really good SMGs from Moxxi if you tip her enough.

Comment

Someone over on the borderlands wiki rolled the same slot machine over 2,500 times in a row, documented the results of each spin, and then crunched the numbers into percentages as to what percentage chance a player has of getting each symbol per spin.

The chances of hitting triple vault symbols ended up being 0.04%.

Or 1 in 2,500 spins, to be exact.

Comment

Someone over on the borderlands wiki rolled the same slot machine over 2,500 times in a row, documented the results of each spin, and then crunched the numbers into percentages as to what percentage chance a player has of getting each symbol per spin.

Dude needs to find out what pussy is.

Comment

I would normally do two spins every time I ran through. You're better off farming the bosses you know will drop a legendary.

Damn babymaker took me ages to farm. Madame Von Bartlesby hits really hard. Kept dropping me in one with the kamikaze varkid **** and she can fly, so falls off the cliff all the time. The time I got the babymaker she fell off the map, luckily the gun didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
            I would normally do two spins every time I ran through. You're better off farming the bosses you know will drop a legendary.

Damn babymaker took me ages to farm. Madame Von Bartlesby hits really hard. Kept dropping me in one with the kamikaze varkid **** and she can fly, so falls off the cliff all the time. The time I got the babymaker she fell off the map, luckily the gun didn't.
            I'm hoping to get my hands on the baby maker, myself.

The legendary items I want most are the bee, the conference call, the baby maker, and the hellfire. All level 50, so I've got my work cut out for me.

Sidenote : I bought the two disc GOTY edition of the original BL today, so now I have all that DLC to play through, as well. I made sure to get the 2 disc version because I hate redeemable tokens - I like to share my DLC with friends.

Comment

Finally started up 'True Vault Hunter' mode last night, but fell asleep after about an hour. The difference in difficulty is definitely something to note, even when playing co-op. Shaun wasn't kidding.

I really wish you could trade golden keys, though. I'd like to share the wealth with some of you guys. Particularly squeal and -Kev-.

Maybe when you guys hit level 50 you can message me and join my game online and I can open the chest for you, or something.

Comment

I also have a bunch of purple relics if you still need one for that chevo, squeal.

I'd have to have my GF give it to you now, though. As I still need to re-up my gold account.

Let me know if you still need one.

Comment

Yes I do as a matter of fact, thanks! I managed to buy a purple class mod from one of the vending machines of all things!

Comment

You gonna be around Christmas Eve?

That's the next time she'll be playing with me.

Comment

Finally hit the level cap last night, and I'm a bit over halfway through playthrough 2, or 'True Vault Hunter' mode.

The GF and I decided to try our hands at terramorphous again since we were 15 levels higher and with much better weapons and gear than we were when we first tried him at level 35. Sadly, there wasn't much of a difference in the battle : He utterly raped us another 10-12 times before we had to face the realization that our weapons and gear were nowhere near as awesome as we thought they were.

Bear in mind that I was packing a Tediore SMG that does 6581 DPS, and over 315K damage per reload, a Hyperion combat rifle that does 8731 DPS, a Jacobs revolver that does over 11K DPS, and a Vladof sniper rifle that does 23K DPS.

My GF on the other hand was packing equally impressive weaponry (thanks, free golden keys!) and yet our combined efforts only managed to shave off about 8% of his overall health.

I wanted to try and beat the ****er fair and square but it appears that the only way to do beat him with 1-2 people is to stack the bee with the critical conference call, but I haven't had time to farm for them quite yet because I still need to finish playthrough 2.

Speaking of which, apparently Gearbox has nerfed both of those items and added bonus health and stat increases to terramorphous to make him even more difficult for people to defeat now.

**** me.

Comment

Working...
                      X