Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was RJJ too fast at MW to be beaten by anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was RJJ too fast at MW to be beaten by anyone?

Realistically, we all know he yo-yo'd his weight and then lost his magic reflexes a touch - exposing his B grade chin. But at 160 until 175 (for a time), he was so ridiculously fast as to make me wonder if he could be beaten. Esp refers to MW where he was super quick.

I know MW is a GREAT division with so much history, but against prime RJJ - who would catch him to beat him, or KO him. I just cant see it. Even GOAT SRR would struggle to catch that RJJ.

Nigel Benn was chasing a fight with RJJ but it never happened. Don't think he could have beaten him but I would have liked to see him try.

Comment

Q wasnt who would try, but could anyone beat him. RJJ would have either UD's Benn or stopped him in the mid rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
        Realistically, we all know he yo-yo'd his weight and then lost his magic reflexes a touch - exposing his B grade chin. But at 160 until 175 (for a time), he was so ridiculously fast as to make me wonder if he could be beaten. Esp refers to MW where he was super quick.

I know MW is a GREAT division with so much history, but against prime RJJ - who would catch him to beat him, or KO him. I just cant see it. Even GOAT SRR would struggle to catch that RJJ.

I thought Roy Jones Jnr looked best at super middle rather than middle. But yes, based on fight films.....I can't say that I'd bet on anyone in history to beat him.....the guy was a genius!

Comment

Marvin Hagler might have beaten him. We really didn't see RJJ tested.

We don't know how he will react against adversity. It wasn't that RJJ fought and dominated the best.. It was quite simply that he avoided fighting a bunch of big punchers at 160-168.

Comment

ROY is the GOAT and was UNREAL in his PRIME! END OF THREAD!

Comment

No matter how brilliant a middleweight as Roy may have become, it still is questionable how long he could have still made 160.

Comment

people on here won't admit it but Roy was too fast at 160, 168, or 175. He beats anyone at least 7/10 and I thin the only guys who would even get 7/10 odds are Monzon and Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
                  It wasn't that RJJ fought and dominated the best.. It was quite simply that he avoided fighting a bunch of big punchers at 160-168.
                  LOL so Hopkins and Toney were not best? Castro and Malinga weren't proven B+ competition?

Its usually the same 5 guys who people claim that Roy "ducked" or "avoided"
                  Eubank(squeaked by Malinga)
                  Benn(beaten by Malinga)
                  Collins(beaten by Reggie Johnson)
                  Dariusz(beaten by Julio Gonzalez)
                  and the funniest one is Frankie Liles who is the least dangerous of the 5, and probable gets KO'd by just about every other boxer I named in this post

Comment

He should have at least fought Darius to unify the light heavyweight title.

Comment

Working...
                    X