Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the proper way to defend against Floyd's right hand lead?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw a big left hand or a body shot. Even a jab might also ko him. Damn, sorry. Torrecampo, Singsurat and Hussein came to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
      1)Being southpaw
      2)A good fast double-jab. It must be fast.
      3)Feints
      4)Knowing that Floyd Mayweather JR leads opponents down a different path, gets their mind focussed on different things and then throws the lead left hook or the straight right.
      5)Keep a good distance away from him when not engaging.

LOOOOL forgive me. Its 4.57am here. I wrote all that above in regards to a pull-counter and his lead rights.

cant pull counter from a south, very hard to do against a quick double jab, feints keep opponent occupied against thinking of counters and straight hands, keeping a safe distance ensures maximum time to see any attack comming.

Dudes.. sorry for that post. late here. i was thinking about what boxing fight to watch before i sleep lol.

Comment

Isn't it obvious?
        Block the right with your right and ball whack with the left! Ha

Comment

when you think his right hand is coming, he will throw a quick hook instead. Then he will throw a little flick jab, move, and Floyd will continue to play mind games with you. While you're getting hit with his pot shots, next thing you know you're down 4-0 rounds to nothing. Then you start getting aggressive, burning energy, and play right into Mayweathers game.

The smartest fighter I've ever seen and plays mind games with all his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
            when you think his right hand is coming, he will throw a quick hook instead. Then he will throw a little flick jab, move, and Floyd will continue to play mind games with you. While you're getting hit with his pot shots, next thing you know you're down 4-0 rounds to nothing. Then you start getting aggressive, burning energy, and play right into Mayweathers game.

The smartest fighter I've ever seen and plays mind games with all his opponents.
            With out a doubt. He is such a master at his craft. Sometimes its really funny to see him crack a smile and laugh when he makes a tiny goof in the ring , albeit very small. He has a look on his face as "wow u got me" or "wow that wasnt supposed to happen, you got lucky"

His mind games carry on all the time. He is playing games with his opponent 100% of the time.

He is truly a very unique fighter. Too much to say on him.

If you can see them and spot them....his antics in the ring will make u gasp. I believe everyone can if they play close attention to what he is doing. He is truly unique in what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              Cotto did a pretty good job, though the sweeping right hand kept landing.
              True True
              Cotto's high guard was catching ALOT of the rights, then Floyd started turning it and catching Cotto behind the glove

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                Isn't it obvious?
                Block the right with your right and ball whack with the left! Ha
                My god, he's got it!!

Comment

Write into the contract that he can't use it.

He would land that thing on Pernell Whitaker. Not as much as he has on his contemporaries, but it would feature.

Comment

think wladimir but at floyds weight. im not saying your gonna stop it completely, but you can put yourself in a mathmatically better position to not have to rely on reflexes nearly as much.

Comment

Wladimir at Floyd's weight? So a tall guy with a one dimensional, limited skill set is going to stop the straight right lead?

No chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X