No announcement yet.

Coming back to the ring after 2+ years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back to the ring after 2+ years

I havent trained seriously or fought since nov '10 when i had my last fight. In that time i've smoked alot of cigarettes, weed (almost everyday for like a year), alcohol, taken pills or speed most weekends for a year or so and eaten lots of junk food. So I'm pretty unfit and have done some damage to my body.

I was really fit when I stopped, had 22 fights and was boxing for a few years so i have a base to build back on. When i stopped i was fighting at 132, now i weigh like 150-55 or something and when i fight again i want it to be at 141.

Basically what I want to hear is has anyone taken a similar break and come back successfully to the ring? Now i know many fighters do but what I'm concerned about is the drug use and what its done to my lungs, i'm worried it will be forever before i am fit enough to fight again. Done bits and peices of half assed training lately and I feel all the speed and power there, technique and timing needs some work but its still aight, but my fitness is ****ed

I know it will obviously take a lot of work to be back in fighting shape from where I am now, but do you experienced guys reckon i can be ready in like 3-4 months of hard training and no cigarettes, bongs, drugs, drinking etc?

Originally posted by One more round View Post
    I havent trained seriously or fought since nov '10 when i had my last fight. In that time i've smoked alot of cigarettes, weed (almost everyday for like a year), alcohol, taken pills or speed most weekends for a year or so and eaten lots of junk food. So I'm pretty unfit and have done some damage to my body.

I was really fit when I stopped, had 22 fights and was boxing for a few years so i have a base to build back on. When i stopped i was fighting at 132, now i weigh like 150-55 or something and when i fight again i want it to be at 141.

Basically what I want to hear is has anyone taken a similar break and come back successfully to the ring? Now i know many fighters do but what I'm concerned about is the drug use and what its done to my lungs, i'm worried it will be forever before i am fit enough to fight again. Done bits and peices of half assed training lately and I feel all the speed and power there, technique and timing needs some work but its still aight, but my fitness is ****ed

I know it will obviously take a lot of work to be back in fighting shape from where I am now, but do you experienced guys reckon i can be ready in like 3-4 months of hard training and no cigarettes, bongs, drugs, drinking etc?
    Good to here ya getting back into it....I've been in your situation before minus the pills and speed....but plenty of alcohol,weed and cigs......and I came back beter and stronger....but after awhile I ended back in same situation all cause of hoes lol....I've only just started getting back into it again now...

Comment

If you dedicate ya self to training minus all the drugs etc...for 4-6 months you should be sweet...

Comment

I fought with no breaks or lay offs, I wouldn't know nothin' 'bout no lengthly layoffs and the proper way to go about getting back into the mix........ Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 02-02-2013, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X