Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan v Lamont Peterson coming back to Sky Sports!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan v Lamont Peterson coming back to Sky Sports!

Unified world light-welterweight champion Amir Khan is reportedly close to securing a return to Sky Sports after fighting his last two world title bouts with Paul McCloskey and Zab Judah on rival network Primetime.

The 24 year-old officially announced his December 10th meeting with IBF mandatory challenger Lamont Peterson in Washington yesterday and according to The Guardian, could take the bout back to his former home after a public fall-out in April this year.

Sky have recently scrapped all boxing pay-per-view events and it is not known whether a Khan return would signal the re-igniting of fights on Sky Box Office as ‘King’ Khan has stated in the past that he is solely a ‘pay-per-view fighter.’

The recent formation of Frank ******’s BoxNation boxing channel may have been the catalyst for Sky positioning themselves to pick up the rights to Khan fights as their only current world champion is Carl Froch, who is signed to Matchroom Sport.

from WBN website

I hope so. Tired of paying for **** PPV & Primetime's **** coverage.

Comment

Good news if it is. Surely Sky wouldnt go back on its "no PPV" promise so quickly?

Comment

During the Press Conference yesterday Khan's people stated they're not close to securing any deals and will sort that out during or after they do the American press tour.

Comment

i dont think its going to be on ppv, sky can probably afford to pay khan more now that warren has taken his fighter off.

Comment

I hope it's not on PPV cuz Lamont isn't a PPV fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
              I hope it's not on PPV cuz Lamont isn't a PPV fighter.
              And Amir is?

Comment

Good news if true!

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH DUMMY View Post
                  And Amir is?
                  And how do you base a person to be a PPV fighter in the UK?

World Champion, fighting a top 10 guy. Pretty exciting and has backing of HBO and GBP. Olympic silver medalist at 17!

If anyone is a PPV fighter in the UK, Khan is. Not quite as high as Haye and Hatton by far, but then if Khan fought Maywetaher or Pac, I expect there to be huge sales too.

Comment

Id say there fairly close to it even sky-sports news reported it yesterday that the fight was signed and normally they would just ignore the fight til fight weel....hopefully cos only thing primetime has goin for them is when bunce is on the panel

Comment

Working...
                    X