No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana in Line For December Date in Argentina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana in Line For December Date in Argentina

Marcos "El Chino" Maidana is potentially going to return to the ring on a December date, at the legendary Luna Park Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina. After his eight round TKO over Jesus Soto Karass on September 15 in Las Vegas, "El Chino" ( 32-3, 29 KOs) expressed his desire to fight in Argentina. And now it appears that wish will come true.

[Click Here To Read More]

I actually don't see why Maidana can't make 140, he's not that big, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
      I actually don't see why Maidana can't make 140, he's not that big, IMO.
      maidana's a chunky dude when he ain't fighting. must be catching up with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Grimm
        he won't last long at welter i can see him getting KTFO soon
        by who?.....

Comment

Pac,Berto,Guerrero
          Pac is Top Rank, so he's not on the menu.

I don't think Ghost hits hard enough to get Maidana outta there. Berto hits hard and is fast enough, but his endurance/stamina would betray him and I think he'd get stopped by Chino. Maidana vs. the winner of Berto/Guerrero would be a great match-up.

Comment

Pac,Berto,Guerrero
            what makes you think so highly of guerrero's KO ability at 147?

Comment

nothing much but soto karass was doing a lot of damage on maidana and he's a journeyman so i can see a precise southpaw with skills like guerrero hurting and stopping maidana late
              Ghost isn't a KO puncher though, he's a boxer. He couldn't stop Aydin, couldn't stop Katsidis/Escobedo/Casamayor. Ghost would NOT stop Maidana, but I'd like to see him try. The more he tries, the more he'll leave himself in range to get hit. Chino can still crack and he'll be in Ghost's face all night long.

Comment

I'm a fan of the ghost, but I don't see KO power in him. I do however see the power to knock opponents down, but I don't see the KO power.

Comment

maidana would lose to guerrero just like he losses everytime he steps up in competition
                  I didn't say Ghost can't beat him. When they were scheduled to fight the first time, I picked him by decision, and I still do. However, it will not be walk in the park by any means.

Let's see if Ghost can get through Berto first.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 10-29-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

The Maidana we saw fight Karass is going to be very hard to beat in the near future - he is implementing head movement and also a very effective jab that he can set his power punches up with. Karass was giving him a fight, but by no means was he giving him problems. Chino was very determined to impress his new trainer and try out his new weapons, what was very surprising was his discipline to stick it out, then you saw him drop and stop someone who has not ever been down nor out - remember the facets you can add to your technique the better you are under fire, because you can adapt, Chino is going to be a problem very soon at the 147 weight class

Comment

Working...
                    X