Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye is still too green, and not yet prime.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye is still too green, and not yet prime.

Fighting Wlad right now is a terrible idea, and Haye will not be at his potential best if it happens this year.

If I was managing Haye this is how I would map out his next 4 fights, assuming he retires at 31.

September 2010: Haye(Age 29) vs Adamek(Age 33)

If Haye can force his will on a technical boxer like Adamek, then he'll be one step closer to getting ready for a BIG technical boxer in Wlad.

March 2011: Haye(Age 30) vs Vitali Klitschko(Age 39)

Haye will knock Vitali out. Vitali's last four opponents had one thing in common: All were all SLOW(Arreola, Peter, Gomez, Johnson). The last "fast" puncher that Vitali faced was an old Corrie Sanders, and he almost stopped Vit in round one. Notice how K2 changed their stance on which brother gets Haye after the Ruiz fight ...They know too.

August 2011: Haye(Age 30) vs Top American in Las Vegas

This will be a great way to get Haye acclimated with American fans. They will know him from the Vitali fight and if Haye can get a decent name like BJ Flores on the card it can possibly go PPV. But above all else its a pause from fighting angry brothers back to back.

April 2012: Haye(Age 31) vs Wladimir Klitsckho(Age 36)

By this point Haye will be in his Prime, and Wlad will have begun to slow down a bit. If they fought today, Id give the edge to Wlad, but with proper experience, Haye destroys him in 5 rounds.

You've always said in the past that Wlad is a bum.

If that's what you believe, then why do you want Haye to avoid him until Wlad is past prime?

Comment

He's as good as he'll ever be. If he hasn't sorted his chin, stamina and defensive flaws out by now he never will.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post
        You've always said in the past that Wlad is a bum.

If that's what you believe, then why do you want Haye to avoid him until Wlad is past prime?
        Wlad will still be very effective at age 36, I dont think he will change much in 2 years. My main point is that David Haye will be better if he gets more fights under his belt.

Imagine if green Wladimir faced a prime Lennox after only 24 fights? Wlad would get Golata'd in the first round, and we'd never hear from him again!

Fighters like Povetkin and Haye should be allowed to face each other before stepping to the champion. They should be allowed to develop at there own pace like Wlad did in the late 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          He's as good as he'll ever be. If he hasn't sorted his chin, stamina and defensive flaws out by now he never will.
          Haye just moved up in weight classes 3 fights ago! Even Holyfield was allowed 5 matches at heavyweight before facing Buster Douglas.

Haye already has the two things you can't teach: Speed and Punching Power.

His stamina and defense can be improved with training and experience.

Comment

I guess the question could be asked: Why does Adamek qualify for a shot at Hayes WBA title? Who has he fought to get that privilege? Yet you by the same token want to deny Haye a crack at either of the Klitchkos? If Haye is too green to fight the K brothers, why is Adamek not green to get a shot at Haye?

Comment

Lol, this thread is hilarious. You, who are one of the biggest Klitschko haters on this board, and are always talking **** and calling them bums, now say that Haye needs more fights?

I know it's obvious that Haye will get destroyed by Wlad, but at least take it with some dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post
                Fighters like Povetkin and Haye should be allowed to face each other before stepping to the champion.
                But Haye only fights HWs who are past age 36: Barrett, Valuev, and Ruiz. Povetkin, Arreola, Chambers, Peter and Adamek are in their prime, Haye will avoid them.
                Originally posted by Soir View Post
                They should be allowed to develop at there own pace like Wlad did in the late 90's.
                Wlad was age 21 when he won Olympic Gold, and just age 24 when he won his first world heavyweight title. He had 14 fights in 1997.

Haye is nearly age 30, he's at his peak NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by medium-deek View Post
                  I guess the question could be asked: Why does Adamek qualify for a shot at Hayes WBA title? Who has he fought to get that privilege? Yet you by the same token want to deny Haye a crack at either of the Klitchkos? If Haye is too green to fight the K brothers, why is Adamek not green to get a shot at Haye?
                  Adamek's win over Arreola is more impressive than any of Haye's wins.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                    Adamek's win over Arreola is more impressive than any of Haye's wins.

I totally agree with that. No Monte Barret's for Adamek, straight into a guy that is a known big puncher and top ten HW.

I'm looking forward to Booth announcing a date in the Summer for Wlad Haye in Germany. Of course Haye vs Harrison is a tad more likely.

Comment

Working...
                    X