Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Donaire retired today would he be in the hall of fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Everything I wrote was factual except WV2 > Ramos, which is obvious.
    Obvious..lol..look WVJ never fought a b level fighter when he did he loss..he got kod by old fart arce..Ramos koed the Japanese champion in 6 rounds..he would still undefeated if is not for rigo..the last guy he fought..Efrain was a tough and heavy puncher and somehow he managed to beat him...i hope you know that he still in the top 10..

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      I think Arum should allow Rigo to fight Mares on an GBP card, similar to how GBP allowed Lara to fight Vanes on a TR card. It's possible that Rigo could get the W and Mares would no longer be a factor.
      I think your framing is weird. It should be more like "I think GBP should allow Rigo to fight Mares on an GBP card, similar to how Arum allowed Lara to fight Vanes on a TR card". An analogy wold be that Arum allowed GBP's dangerous tiger (Lara) on Arum's private property to play with Arum's kitty cat (Vanes). Arum was taking most of the risk there. Golden Boy would be taking all the risk if they allow Rigo to fight Mares on their card.

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
      Arum is a peice of **** and will never allow it
      Are you kidding me? Arum would let that happen in a heartbeat. He's letting his high risk/low reward fighter get a shot against a Golden's Boy's high reward fighter. If he wins, it would setup the Donaire fight beautifully. Arum doesn't have much to lose.
      Last edited by BlueBettle; 12-16-2012, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Unlike most of those names you listed for Floyd, those Donaire opponents had won world titles and defended a number of times. Nishioka whom you haven't listed was Ring #1. Narvaez, still no other losses. Vazquez a better fighter than Ramos, who's Rigo's top 2 win...
        And bro why do you hate rigo that much.?.this thread isn't about him and you still brought his name..

Comment

Absolutely not.....he has a couple decent wins and the rest of his career is tuneups

Comment

this is what some people don't get.........

you have to beat hall of fame fighters in order to be hall of fame material yourself..........this is a must.
            Last edited by Godsfly; 12-16-2012, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
              Obvious..lol..look WVJ never fought a b level fighter when he did he loss..he got kod by old fart arce..Ramos koed the Japanese champion in 6 rounds..he would still undefeated if is not for rigo..the last guy he fought..Efrain was a tough and heavy puncher and somehow he managed to beat him...i hope you know that he still in the top 10..
              There ya go, Rico just went life and death with that guy on solo boxeo. If it was 10 rounds as opposed to 8 lol, Ramos gets stopped. And next up the guy he fought gets shut out by an unknown prospect.

The Shimoda fight was pathetic, Rico lost every second till the KO. And Shimoda was unproven had 0 defenses, winning the belt over another 0 defense Japanese champ.

Comment

carefully matched

Every fight I have seen of him on HBO he is fighting men who are past their prime usually, coming up in weight to fight him, and even when he fights some one young they have no power so he never really has to worry about return fire, more like hitting the heavybag a lot like Bute in this regard but not quiet as bad, a great offensive fighter who is carefully managed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray-boom View Post
                  Every fight I have seen of him on HBO he is fighting men who are past their prime usually, coming up in weight to fight him, and even when he fights some one young they have no power so he never really has to worry about return fire, more like hitting the heavybag a lot like Bute in this regard but not quiet as bad, a great offensive fighter who is carefully managed.
                  Like who? Narvaez? It's usually Donaire going up, in his 4th division. Compare Sergio, Ward, other p4p contenders.

Who do you think he avoided so far?

Comment

realistically, beating Mares would make it possible.

By todays standards, where fighters generally dont fight the best opponent (for whatever reason, im sure Donaires no duck), Mares Darchinyan and Montiel would be big enough wins for Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                      a key ingredient that donaire is missing is no one on his resume is a hofm'er

who has he beat that could make it in the hall of fame?
                      Who around there is a hall of famer?....And Darchinyan will almost def make the HOF

Comment

Working...
                      X