Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mares vs Donaire a PPV worthy fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mares vs Donaire a PPV worthy fight?

If something amazing happened and Donaire vs Mares got signed, would you pay the regular PPV price of $60 for that fight?

Or do you believe it will do just fine on HBO or Showtime, and then after maybe the winner can be on PPV?
    Yes, fully worthy of full price PPV
    41.67%
    No, it'll do fine in gate, it should be on HBO/Showtime
    58.33%
    Fully depends on the undercard
    0.00%

i'd rather see him fight and spark Rigo. Donaire will beat him...

but yea it's PPV worthy

Comment

No because they don't have great fanbases. But Showtime and HBO would probably have a bidding war for it, which will give them both decent paydays.

Comment

no it gets 200k ppv buys at best these guys cant even get a million viewers on hbo or showtime

Comment

with rios in it, ill buy it.

Comment

I personally think it's PPV worthy, but your obviously asking whether people would buy it. My answer is, have no idea to be honest. I don't REALLY know how many die hard fans Donaire has. I have the impression that Mares has a good enough following from the Mexican community, after seeing how packed the Staples was, but like someone said before, GBP is known for giving away tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
              no it gets 200k ppv buys at best these guys cant even get a million viewers on hbo or showtime
              ummm.....do you realize how many Millions that is?

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
                with rios in it, ill buy it.
                If Rios was in it, with another banger then he'll yeah that'd seal the deal. Otherwise I wouldn't buy it. I'd stream

Comment

Nah, Donaire doesn't really have a North American fan base. He hasn't even fought in the Bay since ascending to stardom, and Mares for as talented as he is just doesn't do enough self promotion outside the ring, he just fights hard and beats people up.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Turner View Post
                    Nah, Donaire doesn't really have a North American fan base. He hasn't even fought in the Bay since ascending to stardom, and Mares for as talented as he is just doesn't do enough self promotion outside the ring, he just fights hard and beats people up.
                    Sorry but not everyone has to act like a ****** outside the ring to gain fans like Floyd/Broner.

Mares's fan base is perfectly fine, well above average for a guy is age. Nonito's is lacking a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X