Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people on here like how ABRIL fought??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
    Entertaining style or not he won that fight easily, and you can't start giving a fighter a decsion based on a "crowd pleasing style, it makes a mockery of the sport.

Anyway lets not act like Abril was doing anything spectacular. If Rios had've jabbed more, cut off the ring, and and actually tried to counter his way into it the fight instead of just walking forward throwing wide sloppy punches he would've made his night alot easier. The reason Rios seems to have a crowd pleasing style is because at the end of the day he's not that good a fighter who's been fighting other average fighters.

Yeah, the real problem is the way Rios fought.

He was bad last night.

Comment

Yes I do, I Dont like seeing garbage ass simple minded fighters like Rios who cant come up with any other plan of attack.

Comment

You do realize that Abril would hold his way to a victory against ORTIZ or even Alvarado. His style is bad for boxing bro. You want to see him do that everytime he fights because he will. Ortiz and Alvarado aint no different than Rios.
        Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        I did.

If Abril had a little more pop, it wouldn't even be a question.

Rios? This dude is calling out Ortiz?

Lmaaoooooo....

Comment

hated it but he beat Rios' ass.

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
            You do realize that Abril would hold his way to a victory against ORTIZ or even Alvarado. His style is bad for boxing bro. You want to see him do that everytime he fights because he will. Ortiz and Alvarado aint no different than Rios.
            Decsions like that are bad for boxing. Boxing needs upsets, its part of what makes it so great. Decsions like the one last night are whats killing the game. Abril wasn't given a chance by most people but he went in there and won the fight easily and proved everybody wrong. But, because Arum wants to make JMM-Rios he gets robbed. You can argue that Marquez-Rios is a more exciting fight than Abril-Marquez, but I'm not sure it would, I think Marquez dominates him. I would actually prefer to see Abril-Marquez because atleast Abril DESERVES to be there.

Ortiz and Alvarado are better boxers than Rios. If Rios moves up he should fight Garcia. Marquez or any other decent boxer/puncher takes him to school.

Comment

Abril doesnt have loads of power. Why would he stand toe to toe and risk getting knocked out when he has the ability to throw punches and deflect the ones that could really get him in trouble? All this talk about how his style is hurting boxing when in fact his style of moving around the ring and having a good inside game coupled with precision shots IS the essence of boxing!

Why hate on Abril because he is the more intelligent fighter? Even I was rooting for Bam Bam, but Abril just took him out of his game. Not even a close fight, I had it a generous 8-4 for Abril.

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
                No I hate the way he fought. It was dull boring and there was no technique to it. I'm all for out-boxing somebody (Cloud-Campillo) but the way Abril did it was boring and actually illegal.
                Originally posted by $mannyFresh View Post
                Last night was another where the commentators exaggerated what was happening in the ring. They would keep saying the Abril was picking Rios apart in the middle of a 40 second sequence where he didn't throw a single punch. He didn't land THAT many punches and Rios probably threw 3X what Abril did.
                Yup you nailed it, all that damage he was doing but there wasn't a mark on Rios' face. People love controversy and underdogs and that fight had all that but I in know what felt Abril did anything to dominate that fight, and Rios looked like a dead man in that fight all Abril had to do was actually throw combinations and he would have won the fight easily

Comment

yes........

Comment

Originally posted by Prawn Cornelius View Post
                    Abril doesnt have loads of power. Why would he stand toe to toe and risk getting knocked out when he has the ability to throw punches and deflect the ones that could really get him in trouble? All this talk about how his style is hurting boxing when in fact his style of moving around the ring and having a good inside game coupled with precision shots IS the essence of boxing!

Why hate on Abril because he is the more intelligent fighter? Even I was rooting for Bam Bam, but Abril just took him out of his game. Not even a close fight, I had it a generous 8-4 for Abril.
                    Exactaly. Sometimes I think some people would prefer to watch a couple of drunk dudes fight outside a bar at closing time.

Comment

It doesnt matter how ugly he fights, he won easily so stop trying to justify the robbery

Comment

Working...
                      X