No announcement yet.

Vitali is so much better than Wlad it's ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
    lewis landed the harder punches and vitali landed more punches. it could have gone either way on that night, i think. if you say prime for prime lewis had an edge i maybe would agree
    it didn't go either way. It went one way. Lewis stopped him.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
      lewis landed the harder punches and vitali landed more punches. it could have gone either way on that night, i think. if you say prime for prime lewis had an edge i maybe would agree
      Old slow out of shape lennox on short notice had an advantage so yeah a prime lennox probably does too.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        it didn't go either way. It went one way. Lewis stopped him.
        but looking merely at the outcome is a bit like the counterpart to the facts (highest ko-ratio, most dominant ...) posted by domination.

i'm just saying he fought great in that fight and he would be a dangerous thread to any ATG.
        Last edited by Epinephrine; 09-12-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Vitali is more entertaining because he's more active. He's more entertaining while also not even losing any rounds. Impressive.

Wlad is less entertaining and may lose some rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
            Vitali now seems to still be in his prime, I'm not sure but he is around it still his performances show it. Wladmir has been in his prime for a few years. They both have areas where they are better than one another, Vitali has a better chin,mentally tougher, higher work rate, more variety of punches. Wladimir is more athletic,better defence, better footwork, harder puncher, better jab.
            Vitali's D is better.

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
            Better jab and the same speed? Sorry, no. Wladimir is clearly superior in both categories. Reflexes I'd edge to Wlad as well.

More power? Hard to say. He has naturally heavier hands it seems, but his inferior speed and crispness of technique also hurt him in that regard.

Better punch variety? Yes, though it's not like Wlad is incapable of throwing anything other than a jab right hand left hook. He just chooses not to.

Far better chin? Better obviously, but Wlad gets underrated here whilst Vitali generally gets overrated. It's more in their responses to punches where Vitali really outshines him.

It'd be intriguing to see a fight between the two as I can't see either man the clear winner. Both possess strengths and weaknesses which the other can exploit.
            I honestly am starting to think that Vitali's left is just as if not more effective. Half the time it isn't even a jab but a uppercut, hook, shovel punch but it is just as effective at detering his opponent from getting inside.

Vitali's handspeed isn't as fast but i think his reflexes especially on defense are superior to Volodymyr's.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              I don't know if he's really fast for his size...I guess. He strikes me as lumbering and slow these days. But yeah, I agree that Wlad is much faster and has much better defense.
              Vitali is fast for his size I agree Wladimir is faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                Vitali's D is better.

I honestly am starting to think that Vitali's left is just as if not more effective. Half the time it isn't even a jab but a uppercut, hook, shovel punch but it is just as effective at detering his opponent from getting inside.

Vitali's handspeed isn't as fast but i think his reflexes especially on defense are superior to Volodymyr's.
                It's hard to say actually it's close.

Comment

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

THE TRUTH

Vitali took the fight on just 10 days notice.

Vitali was clearly winning the fight 4-2 on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial doctor stoppage. Lewis barely survived the 2nd round, he was badly hurt, holding on for dear life, wobbling everywhere and staggering around the ring like a drunk. Lewis was badly hurt several times in the fight and was getting outboxed, outworked, outmuscled and outlanded by Vitali.

punches landed

Vitali 156

Lewis 102

Lewis was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to get KTFO again, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 6th round, Vitali was clearly the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Lewis for sure if the fight had continued.

After the fight, Vitali intimidated the shit out of Lewis and made him look like a bitch.

All the fans at Staples Center cheered for Vitali and booed Lewis after the fight.

Lewis promised Vitali a rematch.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson in 2 rounds and called out Lewis again in the post fight interview. The scared Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Lewis turned down 30 million dollars for a rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by Vitali.

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared his bitch ass into retirement.

George Foreman: "Vitali was winning the fight. Lewis got lucky. There has to be a rematch!"

Jim Lampley: "A lucky escape for Lewis who was clearly losing the fight"

Even Emanuel Steward was upset and pissed off at Lewis for blatantly ducking a Vitali rematch.

Lewis is scared to death of Vitali.

Comment

Lewis said he was "at the peak of my powers" when he got his ass whooped by Vitali.

Lewis was coming off the KO win over Tyson. In the Lewis-Tyson post fight interview Lewis stated "I'm like fine wine, I get better with age"

In an interview right before the Vitali fight, Lewis said "I'm at the peak of my powers, I will keep fighting for many more years"

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared him into retirement. That's a FACT.

Comment

Working...
                    X