Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should've Joe Cortez stopped the fight in the 10th round?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should've Joe Cortez stopped the fight in the 10th round?!

Watching it again and If you ask me, I still can't decide if it should be stopped or not. I mean Amir was one good punch to having brain damage, yet he somewhat can still use his legs to get away for that. But that was outright scary IMHO, I can feel how Khan fans was feeling...
    Yes
    18.89%
    No
    72.22%
    Unsure
    8.89%

Your bias, my friend...and it's even easier to say he should have stopped the fight in the first round....point is, both guys fought till the end, in what i believe is fight of the year, so get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
      Your bias, my friend...and it's even easier to say he should have stopped the fight in the first round....point is, both guys fought till the end, in what i believe is fight of the year, so get over it.
      So you're saying the ref did a great job?

Comment

cortez shouldve stopped the fight in the 1st cuz maidana took way more then 10 secs after amir snatched his soul!!! only oneee amir khan....

Comment

Fights have been stopped for LESS. The fact is Amir was running and turned his back on Maidana. Joe Cortez must have bet some $$$$ on a Khan victory for sure.

Comment

Hell no

There are times when you stop a fight in a 1 sided beatdown, Briggs and Marg, when the guy getting beaten up has no chance of winning

But in a competitive fight, where the guy who is hurt is winning and is still on his feet and is surviving, you let it go on

Comment

Thank god he didn't because now Maidana ruined Con. Expect to even see more running from Con after Maidana hurt him, I don't know how much more Con could run tho. He ran alot last night after the 3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Hell no

There are times when you stop a fight in a 1 sided beatdown, Briggs and Marg, when the guy getting beaten up has no chance of winning

But in a competitive fight, where the guy who is hurt is winning and is still on his feet and is surviving, you let it go on
                I say you're shedding me some light. Khan was just so lucky, first Cortez didnt stop the fight, second Maidana didnt ctach him anymore of that kind of shot that started his demise.

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
                  Thank god he didn't because now Maidana ruined Con. Expect to even see more running from Con after Maidana hurt him, I don't know how much more Con could run tho. He ran alot last night after the 3rd round.
                  Originally posted by starkiller View Post
                  Is Khan on steroids, he wasn't a puncher like this in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Republica View Post
                    I say you're shedding me some light. Khan was just so lucky, first Cortez didnt stop the fight, second Maidana didnt ctach him anymore of that kind of shot that started his demise.
                    Theres no reason that Cortez should have stopped the fight

Getting hurt doesnt mean the fight gets stopped

And Maidana did catch him with huge shots all throughout that round but he survived

Comment

Working...
                    X