Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Will Target Mayweather Bout for Guerrero, But…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Will Target Mayweather Bout for Guerrero, But…

According to Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer, if newly minted welterweight Robert Guerrero (29-1-1, 18 KOs) were to get by Selcuk Aydin (23-0, 17 KOs) July 28 in San Jose, the next step would be targeting Floyd Mayweather.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Now all you guys are learning your lessons as if 'UPSETS' in boxing is nothing new.

Comment

Here we go. Now I get to see Floyd fans jumping to the defense of this fight. Saying stuff like, "well if he fought Martinez at 154, ya'll would say Martinez was old & shot & make up excuses". So he'll just fight the Ghost instead.

Comment

And I like the Ghost. Now I gotta route for Ayudin to upset this travesty being proposed, damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Here we go. Now I get to see Floyd fans jumping to the defense of this fight. Saying stuff like, "well if he fought Martinez at 154, ya'll would say Martinez was old & shot & make up excuses". So he'll just fight the Ghost instead.
          Man are u ******ed? Floyd will NEVER fight this bum, nor will Floyd fans support it..Pac is the one who fights bums no matter what the fans say...the last time Floyd almost fought robert, we all went crazy on twitter, and Floyd came out on fighthype the next day, and lied and said he didnt even know who the ghost was...quit making ****** comments talking about "Deerrr Floyd fans will make excuses" we wont make anything, cuz Floyd aint fightin him

Comment

some people on here actually believe floyd is gonna fight guerrero? jesus god these boards are so laughable...

Comment

No surprise here, Golden Boy and Schaefer want to milk Mayweather against as many of their fighters as possible before he retires and have been trying to push Guerrero into the picture for a Mayweather fight since he beat Katsidis. They tried to generate some publicity for Guerrero last year when Mayweather came back. Now that Ortiz and Khan are out, I expect the hard sell on Guerrero and for him to be the #2 option after Canelo. They'll make a push for Garcia too. All too easy to see what they're doing, it's like wrestling in the old WCW/WWF days, with all these set up matchups with GBP and Mayweather to benefit each other against the other big company Top Rank

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                some people on here actually believe floyd is gonna fight guerrero? jesus god these boards are so laughable...
                He may not decide to, but it's clear Schaefer wants this fight and has wanted it for a while. He will try to push it on Floyd for sure

Comment

No thanks, if Guerrero beats him and then gets past Branco Mckart in his next fight then he has earned his shot against Floyd IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger08 View Post
                    No thanks, if Guerrero beats him and then gets past Branco Mckart in his next fight then he has earned his shot against Floyd IMO.
                    I thought philly had good drugs. Boy was I wrong...

But then again, you are likely trolling, and I fell for it...

Comment

Working...
                    X