No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins vs Pascal: Toughing The Road at The End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins vs Pascal: Toughing The Road at The End

By Cliff Rold - When comparing older eras to this one in boxing, the easiest point in favor of the old days is volume.

They fought more often. They fought more top guys.

Despite that, they still seemed to prime out relatively around the same time. The best of the best hung around into their mid-30s, the action stars petered out around their late 20s. Fighters succeeding past 40, much less well past, were rare.

This weekend, with a win, the great Bernard Hopkins (51-5-2, 32 KO) will move beyond rare. Defeat Jean Pascal (26-1-1, 16 KO), something he came oh so close to doing last December, and Hopkins will have added the legitimate Light Heavyweight crown to his ledger at 46 years of age.

By some months and what will appear a calendar year on paper, he will pass George Foreman as the oldest World Champion in the history of boxing. It’s been talked about so much this week it almost made people forget what a horse’s ass Hopkins made of himself last week talking trash about Donovan McNabb.

Almost.

Only Hopkins could make it hard to root for him as he gets close to what could be a special moment.

And it would be special. Real history always is. It still has to happen though. The still younger, still faster, Pascal will have something to say about it for sure. [Click Here To Read More]

Hopkins compared his rematch fight with Pascal to Moore vs Durelle.

Moore had to go through hell and was as close as you can get to being stopped when he slowly staged a comeback and knocked out Durelle. Hopkins will regret making that comparison if Pascal puts him through that kind of hell in the early rounds although he would be quick to forget it if he did win the fight.

Comment

I can wait for the fall of this legendary Dirty fighter as I'm sick of watching him beating better boxers with his 101 dirty tactics. But I have to be honest, I really wish He was fighting Dawson instead, who in my oppinion is the one who would retire this old cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
        I can wait for the fall of this legendary Dirty fighter as I'm sick of watching him beating better boxers with his 101 dirty tactics. But I have to be honest, I really wish He was fighting Dawson instead, who in my oppinion is the one who would retire this old cheater.
        to be fair, he fought Pascal in a very clean manner

on fight night, it was Pascal who was being dirty with his shots to the back of the head...

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha Hopkins schoolin this fool

Comment

Hopkins is looking good thru 8. Ref has his work cut out for him with all the extended holding though!

Comment

Pascal goes down twice from very clean shots and still not ruled. Hahaha Hop still school in this bytch

Comment

Working...
              X