No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson Heavy Bag Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson Heavy Bag Training

Does anyone no some of Mike Tyson's signature combos? I just got a heavy bag and wanted to learn some different combinations. I know Tyson throws the the rights to the body then comes up the middle with the uppercut.

You have to have short arms and a stocky body like tyson to do the combos he does or you will hurt yourself, he gyrates alot.

Comment

Cus D'amato and Kevin Rooney trained him early, back before he won the titles and up until 1988. Cus had him doing 3 punch combo's mostly, with alot of head movement. Peek a boo style, you gotta move in at a low crouch, knees bent, head covered, then explode inside. Like the last guy said, really takes a shorter guy, Tyson was 5'11''.

Comment

Originally posted by buff_mike10
        Cus D'amato and Kevin Rooney trained him early, back before he won the titles and up until 1988. Cus had him doing 3 punch combo's mostly, with alot of head movement. Peek a boo style, you gotta move in at a low crouch, knees bent, head covered, then explode inside. Like the last guy said, really takes a shorter guy, Tyson was 5'11''.
        ^ya tyson is more like 5 feet 9 or 10 even though they got him at 11, ever watch him on the jimmy kimmel show? kimmel is 6 feet tall and tyson is a good 2 inches shorter. but his body composition allows him to move that way.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari
          ^ya tyson is more like 5 feet 9 or 10 even though they got him at 11, ever watch him on the jimmy kimmel show? kimmel is 6 feet tall and tyson is a good 2 inches shorter. but his body composition allows him to move that way.
          I've heard alot of people who have seen him in person say the same thing, that he is no taller than 5'9''.

Comment

well according to boxrec he's 5'11. Maybe he looks so small because he's built like a bull!

Comment

Originally posted by buff_mike10
              I've heard alot of people who have seen him in person say the same thing, that he is no taller than 5'9''.
              I met Mike Twice and took pics with him and i am 5'9, Mike is the same height

Comment

The combo your talking about Right hook to the body. Right uppercut to the chin, used to be 4 punches. He just doesn't do it much any more, and it was devastating. James Toney uses it now.
                Right hook to body, Right upper cut to head, left hook to head, power straight right hand.

It is really the perfect combo because if you get the first hook their defense should open enough for your upper cut and if you get that their defense is gone. So the last two punches knock them out!

Comment

I am no Tyson expert really, but I would say just focus on "In-fighting-esque" combonations on the bag.

There is limitless amount of combo's you can put together.
                  I would imagine Jabbing is almost out of the question if your looking for his signature moves.

You'll be throwing a lot of left/right hooks (to the head and body), left/right uppercuts, and maybe overhand rights, but now that I think more about his stance and style, couldn't tyson been very capable to throw overhand lefts too when he was all squared up in peek-a-boo mode?

Make sure you pivot the hell out of your hips and legs to get that nice Mikey power

Comment

Originally posted by hectari
                    well,boxing shoes have a larger sole/bottom than regular sneakers, about a 2 inch difference..thats why people always differ about this

Comment

Working...
                    X