Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Erupts: Rips De La Hoya, SHO, Haymon in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bob arum only has about 6 fighters that are relevant at 140 and 147 .... he has to match them... he doesnt have a choice...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

top rank with another win over gbp

arum is spot on...all gbp do is put on trash one sided fights, hbo paid them millions to do it...then they just jumped ship to another net work, golden boy will be buried in the ground by hbo and top rank, mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by mercadojglb View Post
        U forgot to mention Ortiz.
        i had him and josesiti lopez in mind. just ran out of room.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Let's stop pretending like Arum puts on fights against the best all the time. This is still the same guy that made Pacquiao fight Margarito, Mosley, and Marquez 3 all in a row, Bradley-Provonikov turned out to be good but it wasn't exactly a fight against two top tier fighters given Provonikov hadn't really done anything.

And Marquez, Pacquiao, Rios, Bradley, and Alvarado all have to keep fighting each other or rematches because they can't fight hardly anyone else.
          You just reminded us of 4 fights (Marquez vs Manny 4) (Bradley vs Prov) (Rios vs Alvarado 1 and 2) that would probably make top 5 in anyone's list of top exciting fights of the last year. That is not too bad if you ask me.

Comment

Ummmmmm, I think Rios-Mathysse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rios-Alvarado.

If I'm not mistaken, GB bent over backwards and tried to make this fight willing to compromise with anything TR wanted. Bob refused to make the fight.

Comment

I don't know, even though it was a great knight of boxing, but what else is there in the TR stable, and Rios and Alvarado will be nothing in 1 or 2 years from beating the **** out of each other, not to mention all the other wars they've had. It just seems to me like right now GB is looking stronger than TR.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                TR has always been better than B.
                from 140 to 154 goldenboy has broner,garcia,khan,mathessa,peterson,lopez,maidana ,guerrero,ortiz,mayweather,thurman,canelo,lara,mol ina,angulo,kirkland,and cotto. toprank has who? that can beat anyone of them?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  Ummmmmm, I think Rios-Mathysse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rios-Alvarado.

If I'm not mistaken, GB bent over backwards and tried to make this fight willing to compromise with anything TR wanted. Bob refused to make the fight.

yeah bent over backwards by telling the world how bad top rank is when it is them who are hiding drug cheats who test positive (do you see the irony in them accusing pac and then hiding cheats?) also the fact they rip top rank everytime in the press

if the contract is good, they can do business, look at cotto mosley or margo vs mosley.

I believe the contract breaks down over guarantees, they wanted no penalty fee if they pulled out of the fight.

plus it is all a ploy, golden boy NEED top rank because they need tough match ups, they are too afraid to use their own stars, that is their problem]]just look at khan and garcia now, 2 fights in a row now, just a joke of match ups, yet they want millions for it

don't you worry, as I said, by the end of the year gb will be back on their knees to hbo

Comment

Originally posted by mercadojglb View Post
                    Ríos vs Alvarado 3, bradley vs Márquez. Pacquaio is the one leftout for his next fight. Freddie roach wont let him fight provodnikov. Do u think he might take the whole year off?
                    Rios vs Provonikov (brawler vs brawler)
                    Bradley vs Marquez ( Boxer vs Counter Puncher)
                    Pacquiao vs Alvarado (Boxer/Brawler vs Boxer/Brawler)

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      I don't know.

Mares-Moreno, Berto-Guerrero, Broner-DeMarco, Garcia-Khan, those were all pretty good too and fights we hadn't seen before.

Top Rank has done two Rios-Alvarado fights, Bradley-Provonikov (but that wasn't suppose to be how it was, everyone was shocked by that), Garcia-Salido, Pacquiao-Marquez 4, and Chavez-Martinez.

I mean I think both have put on good fights, but Golden Boy is about to go on a major role.

Alvarez-Trout, Floyd-Guerrero, Garcia-Judah (I actually don't mind this fight), Maidana-Lopez, Angulo-Lara, Matthysse-Peterson, Brook-Alexander, I mean these are all good and legit fights.
                      Their stable is deeper so of course they have more. But with GBP, for every Mares Moreno there is a Canelo/Josesito Lopez

But Top Rank has:

Rios/Alvarado 1-2
                      Bradley/Provodnikov
                      Marquez Pacquiao 4
                      Garcia/Salido
                      Salido/Lopez 2
                      Martinez/Chavez Jr.
                      Donaire/Rigondeaux coming up

GBP has given us some good ones but let's be real:

Canelo/Josesito Lopez
                      Khan/Molina
                      Khan/Diaz
                      Garcia/Morales
                      Garcia/Judah coming up
                      Malignaggi/Broner coming up
                      Rees/Broner
                      Tried to make Mosley/Malignaggi
                      Ishe/K-9
                      Abril/Bogere (good matchup but the fight sucked)
                      Alexander/Bailey (title fight but the fight sucked)
                      Matthysse/Dallas Jr.
                      Last edited by -PBP-; 03-31-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X