No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Salivates Over Rios vs. Matthysse Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
    I don't see this happening. Rios provably will face Pac IMO. Oscar is trying too hard to find someone decent to face Lucas to make us forget about Danny Garcia.
    Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Hah, De La Hoya is blatantly ducking Garcia vs Matthyse. He's willing to dump his high risk and low reward fighters on Top Rank like Lara and Matthyse, but doesn't put them against his own stable.
    garcia's got a fight lined up with judah, but still, before it was announced, that seemed to be the case (gbp not looking to make garcia/matthysse). bob arum was willing enough to do rios/alvarado, but both men were his fighters. too bad gbp isn't even talking about potentially doing that fight (garcia/matthysse). i doubt arum thinks about making rios/matthysse. he's got bigger paydays in mind for rios next imo.

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
    garcia wont get past judah tho...

sooooooooooooo

Comment

So GBP is trying to save Garcia from Matthysee, but they put Mares, a more popular champ- in with a FAR trickier fighter in Moreno, and they're scared of this fight?

It'll be a great fight regardless, and could create the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
        So GBP is trying to save Garcia from Matthysee, but they put Mares, a more popular champ- in with a FAR trickier fighter in Moreno, and they're scared of this fight?

It'll be a great fight regardless, and could create the rematch.
        it sounds crazy right? idk why, but that's the way they're looking right about now (and i'm obviously not the only one that thinks they're looking like that). also, mares said in a couple interviews that he himself told gbp to make that moreno fight since donaire was a no go. mares is looking to fight the best, while garcia is okay with whoever gbp finds him. de la hoya's talking about rios/matthysse a bunch, but yet isn't saying anything about matthysse being in line to face the winner of garcia/judah. not to mention lucas has the interim wbc belt while garcia is defending the regular wbc belt against judah. it'll happen eventually i guess....that's the fight to make though, since we know rios/matthysse is very unlikely.
        Last edited by chiguy91; 11-16-2012, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Good, this should be the end of the Rios hype barring yet another robbery (unfortunately two of the most prime candidates for one to happen).

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
            garcia wont get past judah tho...

sooooooooooooo
            Lots of people gave up on Zab, they got the undefeated stars in thier eyes. Losses can make a guy smarter and meaner, and I think that's the case with Judah. He's definately not going to follow Danny around, so that blind left Danny throws could get neutralized. Zab isn't dumb, and that's always a hazard.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
              it sounds crazy right? idk why, but that's the way they're looking right about now (and i'm obviously not the only one that thinks they're looking like that). also, mares said in a couple interviews that he himself told gbp to make that moreno fight since donaire was a no go. mares is looking to fight the best, while garcia is okay with whoever gbp finds him. de la hoya's talking about rios/matthysse a bunch, but yet isn't saying anything about matthysse being in line to face the winner of garcia/judah. not to mention lucas has the interim wbc belt while garcia is defending the regular wbc belt against judah. it'll happen eventually i guess....that's the fight to make though, since we know rios/matthysse is very unlikely.
              No need to protect him though. They really aren't. Judah is dangerous, he beat Lucas by the way. (it was close but he won).

Hell Oscar knows PR won't backstab him. Oscar outboxed Tito and he still got a national day parade

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
                No need to protect him though. They really aren't. Judah is dangerous, he beat Lucas by the way. (it was close but he won).

Hell Oscar knows PR won't backstab him. Oscar outboxed Tito and he still got a national day parade
                yeah i know he beat matthyse. he's coming off a win against paris, but idk, i feel like judah might really be done at the world class level (where i believe garcia is at now) after that loss to khan. we'll see if he's got one more in him against garcia i guess. is judah a golden boy fighter now? i would have also thought matthysse would be an easier option since they promote him. it is what it is, judah can still give danny a tough fight. i would have just liked to seen matthysse get his shot since he earned it by taking out ajose. it'll happen eventually i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
                  Good, this should be the end of the Rios hype.
                  Put Danny Garcia in with Mathysee and Mathysee will torch the hype out of Garcia in brutal fashion.
                  Last edited by richardt; 11-16-2012, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                    yeah i know he beat matthyse. he's coming off a win against paris, but idk, i feel like judah might really be done at the world class level (where i believe garcia is at now) after that loss to khan. we'll see if he's got one more in him against garcia i guess. is judah a golden boy fighter now? i would have also thought matthysse would be an easier option since they promote him. it is what it is, judah can still give danny a tough fight. i would have just liked to seen matthysse get his shot since he earned it by taking out ajose. it'll happen eventually i guess.
                    I feel like it will be a Cotto vs Judah type fight. The difference is with the Judah/Khan and Garcia/Judah is that Garcia is nowhere as fast as Khan so Judah won't be so overwhelmed so fast.

It's a toss up fight really. If you really want, I'll take Judah at the odds he's given against your prediction, hit me up

Comment

Yeah ok Oscar.....

Comment

Working...
                      X