No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stephen Smith Discusses The Rematch With Simpson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stephen Smith Discusses The Rematch With Simpson

Stephen Smith’s rapid pro advancement was lost in the midst of quibbles over variances in scoring after last night’s British featherweight title win over defending champion John Simpson at Liverpool’s Olympia venue. The 25-year-old netted a 114-114, 115-114, 118-112 majority decision victory, with much of the post-fight talk focusing on Terry O’Connor’s six round margin yet Smith showed a lot of mettle after starting quickly, weathering a mid-stanza storm and sticking to the task over the final furlongs.

[Click Here To Read More]

where to begin? Not often i hate on a fight or a fighter but im going to indulge myself this one time. In review of the fight, Boxingscene said 'Smith Shines' - Stephen Smith did many things, but shine wasnt one of them - 'Hug' was more accurate. A close but CLEAR fight - to Simpson - Simpson won at least 6 rounds and the rounds he won where CLEAR - i cant believe Smith said he beat him TWICE! you talk about showing a lack of class kid - hugging your way through a fight with a referee and a judge in your back pocket is lacking in class. Your lucky you didnt get disqualified. Respect in the fact that you have to be potential to be something in boxing, but the way in which this semi-robbery in terms of officials and judging is being swept under the carpet by boxingscene and british boxing - the SKY coverage made me feel sick watching it - leaves a bad taste in the mouth. At least get Simpson's side of the story Boxingscene. Somehow, i doubt it.

Anyway, you cant help but like Stephen Smith and the fact he shows class OUTSIDE of the ring - but he mugged John Simpson and everyone at ringside might as well have have been wearing Ski-masks and balaclavas

Comment

Agreed. I had it by 2 rounds to Simpson

My old friend Terry O'Connor is at it again with his 118-112 to Smith, such bull****

Comment

Working...
      X