No announcement yet.

It's a real shame for Katsidis.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a real shame for Katsidis.

It's a real shame for Katsidis. He isn't left with a whole lot of options now. One point I have to bring up and has bothered me for sometime is his inability to make adjustments from fight to fight. He hasn't seemed to learn new things to reinvent himself in someway, refine his style to help get him over the line in tough fights. Some of these fights he could have won or was on the verge of winning, not yesterdays btw.

I wonder does he or his camp look at his fights and sees where he's going wrong. Because it's painfully obvious where.

All fighters evolve over time. Great example is Pacman, he was brawler now turned boxer puncher. Even Gatti made massive adjustments from the 1st Ward fight to the 3rd. Even Kostya using a jab in the Gonzalez fight etc.

Sure I'm not doubting Michaels fitness training at all. But with out fundaments you can't succeed against elite fighters. I've never doubted Michaels Heart or his toughness.

I'm not suggesting he starts dancing around the ****in' ring like Ali or slipping punches like Floyd Mayweather. But the guy doesn't have a ****in' Jab period.

I could understand if Mick had real KO power like Tyson and had the ability to turn a fight around with one punch, but he doesn't. He isn't a one punch KO guy.

I think Brendan Smith has kept Mick back from becoming a better fighter. I'm saying Mick should drop him altogether, but outside help has been calling for a long time.

To be honest I think a better trainer would have made some beneficial refinements to Mick over the years but in the end he is a fairly limited fighter. That is just the way it is. We have to accept it and just root for him as is.

I accept what you are saying though. Other limited fighters have made adjustments, however I think the two examples you raise are not the best. Kat obviously isn't in the same galaxy as Pacquiao with regards to talent and Arturo was a great deal more talented than a lot of people think. A younger version of Gatti was a great boxer and incredibly skillful mover. It is frustrating though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
      To be honest I think a better trainer would have made some beneficial refinements to Mick over the years but in the end he is a fairly limited fighter. That is just the way it is. We have to accept it and just root for him as is.

I accept what you are saying though. Other limited fighters have made adjustments, however I think the two examples you raise are not the best. Kat obviously isn't in the same galaxy as Pacquiao with regards to talent and Arturo was a great deal more talented than a lot of people think. A younger version of Gatti was a great boxer and incredibly skillful mover. It is frustrating though.
      Just examples of adjustments dude. Wasn't saying he is in that class.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
        Just examples of adjustments dude. Wasn't saying he is in that class.
        Yeah I understand that, its just that making adjustments is a hell of a lot easier if you are Manny Pacquiao or even Arturo Gatti than if you are Mick Katsidis. In my view anyway.

Comment

He deserves to fight on HBO again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
            Yeah I understand that, its just that making adjustments is a hell of a lot easier if you are Manny Pacquiao or even Arturo Gatti than if you are Mick Katsidis. In my view anyway.
            All I'm asking for is a ****in' jab. Not the hardest thing.

Comment

All I'm asking for is a ****in' jab. Not the hardest thing.
              Haha, I agree man, it is frustrating. All I am trying to say is that even with these adjustments I'm not sure it would have made much of a difference in any of the fights he has lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Nani Loc View Post
                He deserves to fight on HBO again.
                He will if he wants. I'd say he'd land on a HBO PPV card.

But I think he should have a fight back home in Qld against some no hoper first. Blow him away in a few rounds.

Comment

So he's fighting Mitchell again?

Comment

He will if he wants. I'd say he'd land on a HBO PPV card.

But I think he should have a fight back home in Qld against some no hoper first. Blow him away in a few rounds.
                    Yeah, I respect that Kats will fight anyone, but sometimes a guy needs to be put into easier fights for the sake of his career longevity. I think yesterday was the third fight in a row in which he was the underdog.

Comment

Working...
                    X