No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angulo Would Love To Give The Fans a Kirkland Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angulo Would Love To Give The Fans a Kirkland Rematch

Alfredo Angulo would love to get another shot at James Kirkland.

“El Perro” hasn’t fought in the trying year since Kirkland came back to stop him in the sixth round of their instant classic last Nov. 5 in Cancun, but he is eager to avenge that devastating defeat.

“Yeah, no problem,” Angulo said through a translator regarding a Kirkland rematch. “No problem whatsoever. If the fight presents itself in the future, no problem. I’ll do it. I think that I owe it to my fans to come and do that fight and get a rematch. I’ll do the rematch. I don’t have any problem fighting anybody. I don’t care who it is.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

It'd be interesting to see how Kirkland would fair in a rematch without Ann Wolfe in his corner.

Either way, I'd love to see a rematch.

Comment

I'd pick Angulo in a rematch but it won't happen anytime soon seing as Kirkland is suing his trainer, manager AND promoter lol.

Comment

Angulo had that fight in the bag until he punched himself out in the first. I think he takes the rematch of he is more patient.

Comment

Yeah, it would be interesting to see how the fight went if Angulo wouldn't punch himself out this time. I would still favor Kirkland to win though.

Comment

No Ann Wolf in his corner Kirkland will lose.

Wolf takes James to a higher physical and mental mode that he needs to suceed

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

Yea supposedly with her magic pills LOL In all seriousness I also agree. Not sure if James is confident enough on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Even in that performance with an injured arm he still was coming on strong in the end. Even if he lost he was still in the fight.

Who has looked good against Molina even when winning?

Comment

The first fight was FOTY, if Angulo doesn't gas out he has a good shot of winning the rematch. Both fighters need a win/payday, hopefully it comes early next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X